Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: cat repelant

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default cat repelant

Has anyone tried and tested and found a good way of keeping stray cats out of your garden

A dog.

QUOTE=sheilapl;1161648]Has anyone tried and tested and found a good way of keeping stray cats out of your garden[/QUOTE]
    Ramscraigs Boarding Kennels - Dunbeath 01593 731305. Quality care by Qualified staff in a Quality Kennel.

It's difficult and often the repellants don't work. What I tend to do is place twigs or clippings over a recently dug area to stop them from digging up the ground but other than that I'm getting a water pistol

I've got cats and am aware they wander into others gardens. Someone had mentioned something about plastic bottles with water. Also they don't like citrus smells

thanks everyone I don't care for dogs that much in the house so it would be fine if it would stay in the garden area, however I might give the plastic bottles with water a go, will let you know if it a success

Quote Originally Posted by sheilapl View Post
    thanks everyone I don't care for dogs that much in the house so it would be fine if it would stay in the garden area, however I might give the plastic bottles with water a go, will let you know if it a success

Was advised to cut holly branches and place them in the ground round plants - works a treat even when the leaves turn brown as they still stay spikey - just have to wear gloves all the time now when gardening to save fingers from being spiked by the leaves!! Cats hate trying to walk on prickly surfaces. Give it a try - the difficult bit is finding enough holly!!