Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Ormlie Road "Motor Mile"

Default Ormlie Road "Motor Mile"

Good to see the Highland Council was taking action on the cars abandoned on Ormlie Road's "Motor Mile", and have given Notices to four vehicles. One of the cars has been moved since the Notice was taped to the windscreen.

I see that one of the Notices was removed from the windscreen of the Skoda which is parked there - shame the owner wasnt so quick to move the car.

We should name and shame the owners, or the scrap dealers, who are just parking the vehicles and leaving them.

I've noticed that the Mitsibushi Pajero that had been parked opposite the Nuvia buildings in Ormlie Industrial Estate for the past 16+ months has been moved - now parked further up the road in front of the Vauxhall garage.

To check whether a vehicle is MOT'd/Tax'd, you can use the the following website

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status

If a car has been parked near your house for a very long time, and never been moved, its probably been abandoned by its un-thoughtful owner.
    Last edited by Mr & Mrs; 16-Feb-17 at 17:30.

I was actually thinking about this as I drove past earlier today. There is a VW Passat I think it is which has a window stuck open that has been there for months upon months. It's had the "notices" but nothing is done about it.

The fact no one is paying to take cars anymore really and if anything it costs to have them removed has played a big part in it.

Personally, I don't mind the "motor mile" being used to sell cars but I think if we don't think about setting the standard now it will soon become a scrapyard and dumping ground.
    Last edited by Connor.; 16-Feb-17 at 17:24.

Default Disgusting Behaviour

Yes, the Motor Mile is becoming an eyesore.

The Highland Council should check out the cars abandoned behind the Merlin cinema - I've just checked them and they all are unroadworthy. No Tax nor MOTs on any of them.

Disgusting behaviour from the Registered Keepers just to park them here.

Do they need tax and mot to be parked off the road?
    W.A.T.P.

If your isn't taxed or mot and sorn.it should be in a secure place of a road.

Quote Originally Posted by norma stewart View Post
    If your isn't taxed or mot and sorn.it should be in a secure place of a road.
    Off road certainly, not sure about secure
    of course the cinema car park is off the road isn't it?
    Last edited by mi16; 18-Feb-17 at 11:51.
    W.A.T.P.

One was moved up closer to the school, the owner also has another untaxed car parked on thorkel road

Quote Originally Posted by Sgitheanach View Post
    One was moved up closer to the school, the owner also has another untaxed car parked on thorkel road

how do you know they are untaxed? DVLA don't issue tax discs anymore.

You can check online if the car is taxed or not

Glad to see that 3 of the 4 cars which were given Notices by the Highland Council have been removed from the Motor Mile. Still a few dubious looking cars parked there.

I've also noticed there are only 2 cars now parked at the back of the Cinema instead of the original four. I wonder, though, if its a cat and mouse game - they just move the cars on to another parking spot.