Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Another Referendum?

Default Another Referendum?

I thought Mr. Salmon was 'out' and Nicola had taken over!
    Who is in control of Scotland? Two Bosses!

I hear Princess Nicola was not happy with the Scotland France rugby result and is calling for the game to be replayed until she gets the result she wants :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    This is the General section, but there is a politics section where it more appropriate to vent your anger.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I see no anger here but obviouly if the subject is other than claptrap about eating grass it can not be allowed

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    I see no anger here but obviouly if the subject is other than claptrap about eating grass it can not be allowed
    It looks like anger to me, horseman has used 2 exclamation marks which indicates a higher emotional response and it is in the negative.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 13-Feb-17 at 13:40.

Too technical for me now -what or where are these exclamation marks I have used ? F.w.i.w. why should I be angry?. It appears the previous poster has read an article about negative emotional response and is bringing his new found knowledge to bear on these uneducated .orgers.

Oh deary me.....I was just asking a big Q...........Perhaps who is in charge of Scotland?
    And I Allopogizze for mentioning it on this board. I suppose this one is for the elite eaters!!

Oh deary me.....I was just asking a big Q...........Perhaps who is in charge of Scotland?
    And I Allopogizze for mentioning it on this board. I suppose this one is for the elite eaters!!
    This thread has nothing to do with my thread on dairy products or meat being a major cause of cancer, environmental damage and cruelty.

My point here is about posting threads being in the right section. If you close this thread and start it in the right section then we can start the discussion, otherwise I will continue to complain that this thread is in the wrong section and the subject matter will not discussed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    It looks like anger to me, horseman has used 2 exclamation marks which indicates a higher emotional response and it is in the negative.
    I don't think an exclamation mark indicates 'anger'

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/pu...ion-mark-point

The main use of the exclamation mark is to end sentences that express:

• an exclamation:

Ow! That hurt!
    Hello! How are you?

• direct speech that represents something shouted or spoken very loudly:

‘Look up there!’ she yelled.

• something that amuses the writer:

Included on the list of banned items was 'crochet hooks'!

• An exclamation mark can also be used in brackets after a statement to show that the writer finds it funny or ironic:

She says she’s stopped feeling insecure (!) since she met him.
    People tend to use a lot of exclamation marks in informal writing such as emails or text messages, but you should avoid using them in formal writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    I don't think an exclamation mark indicates 'anger'

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/pu...ion-mark-point

The main use of the exclamation mark is to end sentences that express:

• an exclamation:

Ow! That hurt!
    Hello! How are you?

• direct speech that represents something shouted or spoken very loudly:

‘Look up there!’ she yelled.

• something that amuses the writer:

Included on the list of banned items was 'crochet hooks'!

• An exclamation mark can also be used in brackets after a statement to show that the writer finds it funny or ironic:

She says she’s stopped feeling insecure (!) since she met him.
    People tend to use a lot of exclamation marks in informal writing such as emails or text messages, but you should avoid using them in formal writing.
    Thanks for swallowing a dictionary. Exclamation marks are used to express anger.

Your first example is pretty self explanatory......Ow! That hurt!, seems pretty angry to me.

Why would Horseman post a thread about the lack of leadership in Scotland if he wasn't angry? It would a normal reaction to have. I'd be angry if I thought Scotland was lacking leadership.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 13-Feb-17 at 20:01.

I am not angry...silly person! I don't live in Scotland at the present time, but most of the on-line stories and the reference to a referendum, are being profiled as coming from Salmond. I just wondered if she had a bridle and he was pulling the reins. I shall refrain from commenting more on this thread.

If you close this thread and start it in the right section then we can start the discussion, otherwise I will continue to complain that this thread is in the wrong section and the subject matter will not discussed properly.
    Spot the loony.

Thanks for swallowing a dictionary. Exclamation marks are used to express anger.

Your first example is pretty self explanatory......Ow! That hurt!, seems pretty angry to me.

Why would Horseman post a thread about the lack of leadership in Scotland if he wasn't angry? It would a normal reaction to have. I'd be angry if I thought Scotland was lacking leadership.
    ......Ow! That hurt!, seems pretty angry to me

Then you must see anger everywhere. My wife is a nurse. The number of people who exclaim..Ow..that hurt! when she puts in a stitch or gives an injection is huge. The statement does not mean they are angry with her. Please stop seeing anger and hatred all around you, this is a fantastic place to live, filled with (mainly) good caring people.........You could try eating a juicy steak to improve your mood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread has nothing to do with my thread on dairy products or meat being a major cause of cancer, environmental damage and cruelty.

My point here is about posting threads being in the right section. If you close this thread and start it in the right section then we can start the discussion, otherwise I will continue to complain that this thread is in the wrong section and the subject matter will not discussed properly.
    I am trying to figure something out....I didn't post in/on your thread. I posted in the General Section and had no contact with your point of view. Thusly and to wit....I don't seem to be infringing on your right to express an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    ......Ow! That hurt!, seems pretty angry to me

Then you must see anger everywhere. My wife is a nurse. The number of people who exclaim..Ow..that hurt! when she puts in a stitch or gives an injection is huge. The statement does not mean they are angry with her. Please stop seeing anger and hatred all around you, this is a fantastic place to live, filled with (mainly) good caring people.........You could try eating a juicy steak to improve your mood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    When you are in a hole then it best to stop digging.

And so speaks one who is always digging for yet more b.s. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!