Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: UK Government is deliberately neglecting investment in Scottish Business and Economy.

Default UK Government is deliberately neglecting investment in Scottish Business and Economy.

CECA: UK Government Must Review Decision To Scrap Non-Mainland Onshore Wind
    Civil engineering contractors today called on the UK Government to reverse its current policy decision that remote
    island wind projects be treated the same as mainland onshore wind in order to secure long-term economic growth for
    these regions and help meet carbon targets.
    Responding to the most recent consultation from the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy,
    Contracts for Difference: consultation on treatment of non-mainland GB onshore wind projects, which closes today, CECA
    argued that this small policy change would enable up to £1.3 billion to be invested in the remote isles, benefitting
    Scotland’s economies by up to £725 million over the next 25 years
    http://www.ceca.co.uk/media/256002/p...nuary-2017.pdf
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

The £750 million quoted is less than 5% of the profit produced and 3% of the levy paid by consumers .

Quote Originally Posted by Recycle it View Post
    The £750 million quoted is less than 5% of the profit produced and 3% of the levy paid by consumers .
    The investment would be focused into community projects and the money would go into the economy. Please provide the calculations to support your assertion.

"Rampant green subsidies have sent household energy bills rocketing, MPs said last night.Ministers ‘significantly underestimated’ how much investment in wind farms and solar panels would cost – landing consumers with higher bills.The failure means the subsidies add at least £110 a year to the average household dual-fuel bill – £17 more than expected." I can afford it (just) but what about the poorer people?

"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    "Rampant green subsidies have sent household energy bills rocketing, MPs said last night.Ministers ‘significantly underestimated’ how much investment in wind farms and solar panels would cost – landing consumers with higher bills.The failure means the subsidies add at least £110 a year to the average household dual-fuel bill – £17 more than expected." I can afford it (just) but what about the poorer people?

I noticed you didn't give a link for your information. Well I googled and saw it was from the Daily Mail, hardly a reliable source when it comes to renewable energy news.