Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: what do you use.....

Talking what do you use.....

come on then share with us what type of cameras do you all use.

canon 400D and a small casio.

Nikon D70 for landscape, Konica Minolta Z10 for macro
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

I now have two cameras because I just went back and bought myself a manual SLR so I have a

Digital - Nikon CP5400 5.1 mp

and

Analogue - Minolta X-700 Japanese model with 50mm lens

Mine is a toy, an Olympus D-560. Sometimes hubby lets me use his Nikon D80 with super duper zoom lens
    ...it's like switching from a VW to a Ferrari

Cool Olympus SP 550 UZ

But still dont have a clue how to work it and still getting to grips with it !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stivagorm View Post
    But still dont have a clue how to work it and still getting to grips with it !!!!
    I have had my Nikon digital for two years and still haven't opened the book, i am so lazy, unfortunately with most digitals you can set it to Auto and just snap away and never learn the full potential of what you can do. One day I am going to lock myself in a room with the manual

Default Camera

I use a Nikon D50 with a Sigma 70-300 Apo lens and hopefully a decent fisheye when I can aford it.

Whist on that subject any suggestions on a decent fisheye about 12mm?

Olympus E500 and an Olympus C750UZ. Fynny thing is I tend to prefer the C750, I seem to get better results quicker!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Jeemag_USA View Post
    I have had my Nikon digital for two years and still haven't opened the book, i am so lazy, unfortunately with most digitals you can set it to Auto and just snap away and never learn the full potential of what you can do. One day I am going to lock myself in a room with the manual
    stuff reading the manual, take it outside, stick it on manual mode and play, it's digital, if it doesn't look right hit delete (that's how i am learning mine, i ain't one for sat inside reading when i could be out taking piccies )
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Default Olympus

Another one with an Olympus SP550 UZ, cracking camera at a reasonable price, loads of features, inc Super macro to 1cm away, adding a 4 sec piece of sound to a still image ( no not if you print it ) and something i have not tried yet, a time lapse facility, keep the manual handy though !

Canon A95 Supershot.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Canon 20D plus still got my old 2mp Canon Powershot A20 from 2001, handy for nights out and parties

Kop.

Canon EOS 400D and in Ixus 700.

Soney super steady shot 5.1mega pixels x12 zoom, will also take several minutes of movie for general photo use. (with assorted filters i never seem to use)
    Canon EOS 400D with canon 100-40Omm 5.6 zoom lens and canon x2 extender. Purchased for hobby that requires long range shots.

Canon: EOS350D body with battery grip
    Sigma lenses: 10-20mm, 24-70mm, 135-400mm
    Canon: Speedlite 430EX
    Manfrotto: Tripod with camera & video heads
    Cokin: Various Gradient filters
    Tamrac: Expedition 5 equipment shoulder case
    Software: Adobe Photoshop CS2, Google Picasa
    Memory: Sandisk 1Gb cards
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

fuji finepics E900 ( brilliant camera but only 4x optical zoom needed more!!)
    and most recently canon eos 400 d with 18 - 55 lens and 70 - 300 zoom. am just learning. I hate manuals too!

Quote Originally Posted by Deemac View Post
    Cokin: Various Gradient filters
    What is the benefit to using filters rather than applying in software? Not that I have got beyond my Olympus CAMEDIA C-50 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by stratman View Post
    What is the benefit to using filters rather than applying in software? Not that I have got beyond my Olympus CAMEDIA C-50 yet.
    Filters can help especially with landscape photography to balance out the exposure of the sky (which tends to be bright) and the land (which tends to be much darker). Cameras have problems dealing with the huge exposure ranges, so a filter such as an ND Grad (Neutral density gardient) can help. I also like tints like blue etc.

Its all about trial and error. Dull grey cloudy skys can look much more dramatic with a gradient filter. To try and do this in software is not so easy if the sky is already burnt out or the land is too dark to extract any detail without exposing lots of noise etc.

See below for a couple of examples. (Top: Blue Gradient, bottom: Neutral Density)

All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

Smile camera

I have a sony dsc- R1 which I love and have taken some cracking shots must learn how to post here.But for my birthday my hubby bought me a sony alpha A100 dslr and lenses Ive not had the time to get to grips with it all the photos Ive taken are dark must get the instruction book out.Must also say some stunning shots on here guys.