Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Traffic cone on Wick War Memorial.

Default Traffic cone on Wick War Memorial.

As reported in the Groat...
    Any thoughts?
    Should we be concerned or not?

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

bit of fun, don't they do the same thing to a statue in Glasgow ????
    I don't think its an act of malice, maybe more an act of boredom,
    if a cone on the head of a statue is all our town has to worry about then we live in a very nice place,
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

i thought we were covered by CCTV, that they were watching our every move in the town....surely if the Police were bothered about a cone they could find out who dunnit

irrespective of whether its done through boredom or malice, it is still disrespectful to those who lost their lives to give us the freedom we now have.

if a mischievously placed traffic cone is a concern then the world is in a pretty good place.
    Thanks heavens there are no terrorists running about killing anyone they can.
    W.A.T.P.

Just a prank. I doubt very much that any disrespect was meant, although if people choose to think it's disrespectful, that's their choice. As mi16 said, if that's all we've got to be concerned about up here, I think we're doing OK in the grand scheme of things.

Those who have died care neither for respect or disrespect, and cannot be offended. They are dead and all the respect in the world won't change that.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

A prank not a crime. But doing it to a war memorial is ignorant and disrespectful.
    Not to be compared with the cone on the Duke of Wellington's statue in Glasgow which is a hoot and a worthy dig at our rulers

Could this be the work of ..........crayola............Magic.

It's only banter. Live and let live. If this is the best the Groat can do for headlines then it's time to give up news reporting.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.