Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Henry Clyne born 1921

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Henry Clyne born 1921

Henry Clyne born 26 June 1921 in Pulteneytown (Wick), son of Alexander Clyne and Lillias Class. He didn't go with family to NZ in 1925 and I didn't find a death certificate for him in Scotland between 1921 and 1925. Does anyone know what happened to him?

Hi jimtilly. I have not been able to find out anything about Henry either. Dad used to tell us about his family and that there had been 14 children born to Grandma Lillias but he did not mention the names of those who died.
    Robertc

I think there was a Henry Clyne(not a particularly common name in Caithness) in that age range, still alive there when I lived there in the 1950s.

Hi I think we have cleared that up the Henry Clyne referred to was born 1921 and only lived 11 weeks. he was one of my uncles.
    Robertc

My Blog post about Henry (Harry) Clyne. http://ssimms64.blogspot.ca/2017/04/...1901-1989.html
    I am searching for his family. He had brothers Alexander and Adam and sisters Ina and Chrissie.
    Last edited by Ssimms; 05-Apr-17 at 02:58.