Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Advice for couple who are moving to area please

Default Advice for couple who are moving to area please

Hi folks,
    could anyone help please, our neighbours daughter and son-in-law are moving up from England next month to just outside Wick and have a 3 1/2 year old little boy. They have been trying to find out about any activities or clubs for him and i wondered if anyone on the Org. had any suggestions and contacts please.

Any info would be very much appreciated by them -Thank you.
    mo

Hi There this is not my field of expertise as Ive no young children however heres a few places to try out

The local youth club has various groups running from it

http://wickyouthclub.webs.com/

The PPP has groups and soft play area

http://www.pppwick.org.uk/

At 3 1/2 there are the local nurseries which will enrol him depending on where they live will depend on which nursery to enrol in

The churches have mother and toddler groups

Wick Baptist church in Dempster street I believe has a popular mother and toddler group. If you are on facebook then have a look for them as I cannot find a webpage. No need to be religious to go along with your wee boy. The church is at the top of Dempster street in WIck if you want to go along and see for yourself.

Thats about all I can think of maybe someone else can jump in with some ideas.

Good luck with the movi

The swimming pools do parents & child lessons. There is a music group in wick tesco community room (you can find details on Facebook on Play Away Music UK). The health visitors will be able to give you a list of all the mother and toddler groups.

Default advice for couple with little boy moving to area

Thank you so much to those who took the time to reply. i have forwarded your advice and it has been much appreciated.

Any further ideas etc will still be most welcome. I think granny will be babysitting some days as mum and dad will both be working although mum is part-time and will be working from home. Poor granny tells me it is 30 years since she had to amuse her little one so isn't familiar with groups etc. Wee one is enrolled at Newton nursery i think.

Thank you all again
    x
    mo

Don't ...........
    W.A.T.P.

When their son reaches the age of six he could then join the Beavers in the local Scout Group.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Stay off the moor.

There is the Kuk sool classes for young kids as well.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.