Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: BigGig2 Soundcheck

Question BigGig2 Soundcheck

can 'k dragon' (sorry i don't know your real name) reply to this and tell me when he thinks the soundcheck will be for Big Gig 2? Ta

There will be no sound check as such. Like last year, you'll probably get a level check just before you start your set.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

what is a soundcheck????

guitar's in tune, sound coming out of speaker & I can hear my voice,----2,3,4 GO!!!

If I can hear the big gig from where I am then its too loud, theres a tip for you.

Not sure if I asked this already, but has anybody volunteered to film this momentous event, I woudl sure like to see a video of it, maybe film the whole thing then take the best song from each band and edit it in a woodstock type movie....... instead of famous lines like "Don't take the brown acid" we could have the announcer saying "If you plan to sit down and chill out please check for dog poop before being seated!" or "If you are planning to throw your underwear at Reiv please check for your projectiles for skidmarks first because we are filming this (that goes for the girls too)"

I don't think anyone will be, lots of rules to get past I believe.

Really? What a load of pretentious cowpats.

rules are rules, i didnt make them. its not my fault nor ttia. would have liked the whole filming aspect, its the higher uppers that have probs with it, hell its the government that makes these stupid rules, remember the one where you couldnt legally have more than two musicians performing at any one time within a entertainment liscensed venue.

Quote Originally Posted by K dragon View Post
    rules are rules, i didnt make them. its not my fault nor ttia. would have liked the whole filming aspect, its the higher uppers that have probs with it, hell its the government that makes these stupid rules, remember the one where you couldnt legally have more than two musicians performing at any one time within a entertainment liscensed venue.
    I take it you cant give permission to someone to film it "professionally", however should random crowd folk turn up with camcorders then im sure they cant be stopped?

yeah thats fine, but jeid asked earlier about a more "professional" type of recording and thats where the rules come in.

you know...say......the crew turn up woth there top notch equipment, kids start jumping around...equipment breaks...and law suit on my doorstep.

if the crew get on stage then we have to make sure they dont violate fire safety rules.

to be honest if i was approached with the offer earlier i would have made the effort to make it happen, but its too late now. sorry dont want to be the bad guy or "cow pat" lol

im trying my best

Exactly how is it too late? It's mid May... the gig is still 3months away?

I'm highly positive that a law suit wouldn't land on your doorstep anyway, but alright.

it takes time for requests. but you wanna bring them in fine, but like i said you HAVE to make them know that I will not be responsible for anything, something gets broke, it goes to you, not me.

you get me the details like i asked and i will sort it out.

Nah, we called it off.

fair do's..................