Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Housing valuation

Default Housing valuation

I see that within the Housing adverts it sometimes says 'Under Home Report Valuation'.
    Does Caithness have a recognized Home Valuator?
    Thankx

The valuation is done by a chartered surveyor as part of the 'home report', a legal requirement, along with an energy report, for houses being offered for sale.

I'm sure there's many companies that provide this service, but browsing local estate agents pages it would seem that DM Hall are one of the most widely used.
    Last edited by theone; 30-Dec-16 at 15:28.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

D M Hall are chartered surveyors but according to their website they don't have an office north of Inverness. As far as I know there are no chartered surveyors in Caithness since Pentarq closed. Estate agents offer the service through a surveyor but guess they're not local.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I think most of them use an agent from Inverness that come North on a weekly basis to do several clients in one day.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Thank you all.