Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Purple Rain

Default Purple Rain

The first time I met Prince was in New York the week before the release of his single Purple Rain. I had no idea who he was when I arrived in New York. He was nervous about it despite his brilliance. I'm not sure I realised how big a star he was when I left New York a week later. But now he's gone I realise what a giant he was.

2016 has seen the loss of Prince and David Bowie and many other stars of music.

Long may they be remembered.

My son has just returned from a Fatherson gig at Barrowland. He is almost as effusive as I was after seeing Prince for the first time. There is no comparison. He has no idea how special Prince was.

If the losses of David Bowie and Prince weren't bad enough, we lost Rick Parfitt two days ago and now George Michael has gone.

I was reminded on the radio this morning that Greg Lake and Leonard Cohen had passed away this year.

I wish great strength to friends and families of them all at this difficult time. And similarly to everyone who's lost anyone this year.