Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Laughing out loud at NHS HR for CGH

Default Laughing out loud at NHS HR for CGH

I am not surprised that Caithness General Hospital cannot recruit senior staff. Their ad for a consultant anaesthetist tells potential applicants to request an information pack in writing! Yes that's correct, they give a snail mail address. And they say online applications are not permitted! Are they deluded or insane?

I knew Caithness was years behind current practice elsewhere and that NHS HR in general is years behind everyone else, but this is absurd.

I find it hard to recruit people by requiring them to complete an application on my organisation's website because this is so old fashioned. I wouldn't get a single applicant if I asked potential applicants to write me a letter!

The ad might as well say you won't be considered unless you're older than Florence Nightingale's grandfather.

No wonder CGH is going down the tubes if they have to rely on Neanderthal HR practices.

And while I'm moaning about Caithness practices..

Why do Caithness estate agents and solicitors ask me to complete a form online in order to receive details of a house for sale or to let? The point of the web is to put information online not to waste time filling in forms. Why do they do this? Are they creating jobs where no job is needed? Or are they so nosey that they want to know everything about everyone who might buy or rent a house in Caithness?

Yes, and then they can gossip about it.
    Once made enquiries about a house in Wick, had to give my name etc., and a week later after I returned to 'The New World', received an e-mail asking was I thinking of buying a Hoose in Week!

I read it that you could either write or email for the information pack, application form and job description. Prospective candidates have been given a choice up to them if they want to use 'snail mail'.

A full information pack, including application form and job description is available (Quoting Ref: JF/Cons.Anaes.Jan17) from the Personnel Department, Caithness General Hospital, Wick, KW1 5NS, Tel: (01955) 880403 or email northarea.recruitment@nhs.net

The advert then goes on to advise that NHS Scotland applications forms and CVs will not be accepted.

Please note that the NHS Scotland Online Application form or CV's will NOT be accepted for this post.

This means you fill in the application form sent out by NHS Highland with the information pack ( which possibly differs compared to the NHS Scotland application form ) and attach ( if requested, which it will be) your CV with that application form.

Am I reading a different advert ?

Oh and then you scan the signed form and email it back to NHS Highland as it will advise you can do in the application form or you can if you wish post it back using 'snail mail.

They also put a phone number!

Here is all the info and forms available online for you: https://jobs.scot.nhs.uk/_Details.aspx?vacNo=445232

I have to agree with the estate agent website thing, but that's not only the case in Caithness and a quick Mickey@mouse.com entered usually lets you view it. If not just Google the property and there should be more info.

Thank you Alice for spelling out their process in detail.

I was mocking them of course.

My organisation's application process doesn't involve paper at any stage. So nothing is sent by snail mail in either direction. You can't post or email an application. There is no Word or pdf application form. There is no separate information pack. Everything is on our web site and on the website of a wold wide organisation. You can apply on either website.

The ad on the Org has the air of a third world organisation.

Thanks for posting the link Serenity.

If whoever posted the ad on the Org is reading this, why didn't you put this link in the ad?

They're weeding out the consultant anaesthetists who grudge a stamp.

They would be better having applicants donate the cost of the stamp to CGH. Doesn't it need the money?

More annoying is people that get annoyed by nowt.

Did CGH ever fill this consultant anaesthetist post?

yeah, apparently they they promoted a porter and gave him a huge hammer with which to caress the head of the patient requiring said anaethesia.

Haha given the alleged shenanigans at NHS Highland I wouldn’t be surprised.

But seriously?

Well Riverbank Medical Practice are doing a bit better than CGH in their search for a GP. But you still have to email them to ask for an information pack. I despair.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...ractice-Thurso

Do they feel they will invite more applications by including the North Coast 500 link? Whilst I can see a suggestion there will be plenty extra workload for A&E staff, stationed on the route of a race track, I am not sure what extra that brings to a GP practice.

I wonder how many will apply after finding the post on the Org. My best guess is none at all.

But I’d be happy to be wrong.