Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Wick High School's New Uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    i think that idea of the uniform is good, im from thurso and had left way before they introduced the idea of the uniform, i would have worn it, it looks nice, no hassle of raking for clothes first thing, you know what you have to wear, also would be good for charity days where kids could pay £1 to wear their own clothes....for fun!
    I think there should be a charity so we get paid £1 for wearing uniform!

Think that is called bribery

I thought you weren't going to wear it anyway rfr10.

Quote Originally Posted by Venture View Post
    I thought you weren't going to wear it anyway rfr10.
    Well, as I've said before, if I see support from the majority of the pupils in the school and the majority wear it then I'm not going to be the awkward one and be the only to refuse to wear it but I've heard from quite a few people already who have said they won't wear it. Whether they change their mind I don't know. PLUS- I don't quite know what uniform we are supposed to have yet as there was surley far too many items of uniform on the Tuesday night to all be part of the uniform.

MAYBE and just maybe if I see a black polo shirt exactly the same as Pulteneytown academy's uniform then I might wear it. But I definitly will not be wearing the full uniform.

I've said that if I saw more support and consultation of pupils in the school then I would probably have had no objection at all. The fact that there wasn't is the reason why I got so annoyed and mainly the reason for me not choosing to wear it. It's the only way we're ever going to let young people have a say in the matter..

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict View Post
    Think that is called bribery
    I wasn't being serious but it would be good

Quote Originally Posted by angela5 View Post
    The idea did not spring from anywhere as last year i recieved a clothing grant and i was claiming WTC/CTC. Just the same as someone else i know who has one child and was in reciept of WTC/CTC at that time also.

After phoning the helpline this morning to enquire i was informed this changed after last years claims.
    So you're agreeing with what I said then? You and your friend was lucky because I know when I tried to claim it last year I was told I wouldn't get it unless I was unemployed.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I was under the impression it could be claimed while you were claiming WTC.

Now it's if you claim CTC and your income is below £14,495.

I also asked if someone is working part-time and claiming WTC and there income still falls below £14,495 are they entitled to claim. The answer was 'no' which i find very unfair.
    Last edited by angela5; 31-May-07 at 18:17. Reason: spelling mistake

Did you go to the link I posted?

[/HTML]
    Quote Originally Posted by rfr10 View Post
    Did you go to the link I posted?

I never noticed it earlier, looked at it just now.

Quoted from the link..

Child Tax Credit, but not in receipt of Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £14,495 effective from 6 April 2007 (as assessed by the Inland Revenue)

To find out what young people in the whole of Scotland think about uniform, I have put a consultation vote on the Young Scot website and will let you know the results when it closes on the 3rd June.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516