Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: BP To Double North Sea Oil Production.

Default BP To Double North Sea Oil Production.

UK’s oil major BP will double its production in the North Sea to 200,000 barrels of oil per day, chief executive Bob Dudley said in an interview in Aberdeen on Wednesday.
    This really runs counter to my intuition about how North Sea oil reserves have been framed in recent years.

http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news/...ction-by-2020/
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    This really runs counter to my intuition about how North Sea oil reserves have been framed in recent years.

Considering one installation used to turn out 120,000+ barrels a day back in its heyday then 200,000 is chicken feed now
    W.A.T.P.

Something wrong.....
    Last edited by The Horseman; 20-Dec-16 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post

These sort of "absolute denials" are always scary.

The myth that the North Sea is finished is absolutely that. It’s a wrong myth,” Dudley told.....

I follow the Oil Market and it has been said for some years that he North Sea oil is on the decline. A couple of years ago I spoke to several Engineers at Scrabster, who were working on the West Shetland wells, so perhaps that is where the extra product will be coming from.

New today, Canada has banned all off shore oil drilling....

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    New today, Canada has banned all off shore oil drilling....
    If that puts the price up, then good.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    I follow the Oil Market and it has been said for some years that he North Sea oil is on the decline. A couple of years ago I spoke to several Engineers at Scrabster, who were working on the West Shetland wells, so perhaps that is where the extra product will be coming from.
    That's exactly where it's coming from.

Clair Ridge and Quad 204 due to start next year and add 100,000 barrels to BP's production.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle