Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Drink Driving

Default Drink Driving

A warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas and the police are out there in force. Last night I was out for a few drinks in Wick, enjoyed the play by the Wick Players and moved on to Wetherspoons for a few drinks and enjoy some live music. One thing led to another and I had a few too many pints and then went onto the Morgans; not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car in town and took a taxi home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint at the Thrumster where they were pulling over cars and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a taxi they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a taxi before and I am not even sure where I got it from.

Have great and safe Christmas all.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Beware of Driving the morning after too. The limit is now only 50 milligrams of alcohol in every 100 millilitres of blood, so be aware that the previous night's drinks could still impair your ability to drive. Be safe everyone and enjoy this festive time.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    Beware of Driving the morning after too. The limit is now only 50 milligrams of alcohol in every 100 millilitres of blood
    Put more blood in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    A warning to be careful about drink driving as we are getting close to Christmas and the police are out there in force. Last night I was out for a few drinks in Wick, enjoyed the play by the Wick Players and moved on to Wetherspoons for a few drinks and enjoy some live music. One thing led to another and I had a few too many pints and then went onto the Morgans; not a good idea. Knowing I was over the limit, I decided to leave my car in town and took a taxi home. Sure enough, I passed a police checkpoint at the Thrumster where they were pulling over cars and performing breathalyser tests. Because I was in a taxi they just waved it past. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise as I've never driven a taxi before and I am not even sure where I got it from.

Have great and safe Christmas all.
    You got me, hook line and sinker.
    HA ha.

Well, even if its not Christmas we should drink responsibly and limit ourselves to drinking especially on a along drive. Better be safe than sorry. We need to follow road regulations for our safety too.

I know this is a humorous post, but, shouldn’t it be in the ‘jokesand humour’ section?
    Having witnessed first-hand the destruction drink driverscan cause it really isn’t something tojoke about on the ‘serious’ thread board.
    Sorry to be a bah-humbug L

Where does it say it's a board for serious posts only?
    W.A.T.P.

It took longer than I thought to be honest.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

mi16
    Would you post something for sale in the ‘Birdwatching’section?

As there is a ‘jokes and humour’ section I assumed (clearlywrongly) that would be the place for humorous posts
    Looking at the very long list of posts in the ‘general’section, I can’t see any other jokes.

I’m sorry if I assumed you were intelligent enough to workthat out on your own!

Ps I can see the funny side of Kevin Milkins joke
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 21-Dec-16 at 10:30.

If I was selling binoculars or some other geekie bird watching equipment then yes
    W.A.T.P.

As it is Christmas, goodwill to all etc etc, I'll give you that one

the joke is that you take it seriously up until the punchline.

it wouldn't work in the jokes section, because you'd know it was a joke from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    I know this is a humorous post, but, shouldn’t it be in the ‘jokesand humour’ section?
    Having witnessed first-hand the destruction drink driverscan cause it really isn’t something tojoke about on the ‘serious’ thread board.
    Sorry to be a bah-humbug L
    There's always one - sigh.....