Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hermes!!!!

Default Hermes!!!!

If anyone is waiting for a delivery from Debenhams via Hermes don't hold your breath!!!

I have now had two parcels go missing the first one ordered early in November and a replacement sent last week.
    Surprise, surprise Hermes sent me an email saying they have been delivered to a secure shed at 12.52 today!

Well someone has a package somewhere but it is not me!!! Debenhams are trying to sort it out but I won't hold my breath.
    This is not the first time this has happened - they don't read the address right and leave it where they feel like it.
    I don't understand why these big Companies use Hermes they are dire!!!

Rant over!

Update: My daughter has also just had an email from Hermes stating that they have delivered her parcel to my address and would you believe left it in a secure shed at 12.51 today! Someone's shed is getting pretty crowded.
    Last edited by aidipi; 07-Dec-16 at 15:13.

Whereabouts are you? I've never had any problem with any of the couriers but I know lots of couriers who can't find addresses.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

I live in Halkirk and the address and postcode are clearly stated on the order. This has happened before and they were left in a different street. The person who's shed they were left in previously was getting very annoyed, understandably.

It would appear that the courier has found them self a convenient drop off point in order to avoid touring the village and doing their job properly. I wonder how many other addressees' parcels get dumped in the shed. You have my sympathy
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by aidipi View Post
    If anyone is waiting for a delivery from Debenhams via Hermes don't hold your breath!!!

I have now had two parcels go missing the first one ordered early in November and a replacement sent last week.
    Surprise, surprise Hermes sent me an email saying they have been delivered to a secure shed at 12.52 today!

Well someone has a package somewhere but it is not me!!! Debenhams are trying to sort it out but I won't hold my breath.
    This is not the first time this has happened - they don't read the address right and leave it where they feel like it.
    I don't understand why these big Companies use Hermes they are dire!!!

Rant over!

Update: My daughter has also just had an email from Hermes stating that they have delivered her parcel to my address and would you believe left it in a secure shed at 12.51 today! Someone's shed is getting pretty crowded.
    Just a thought, have you checked your BINS This very same thing happened to me last year and it turned out that HERMES had left the Parcel in one of my BINS. sSo if you have not looked there it is worth a quick look as you never know.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Thanks Kodiak. Yes I did check my bins but my garage door was open anyway.
    However, I managed to get someone to go to the address I thought they would be at and lo and behold there were 3 parcels waiting for my address.
    However the first parcel which was ordered early in November is still missing.

Does anyone know who actually deliveres for Hermes up here as I want to contact them myself. I have tried one courier but cannot get an answer.

unfortunately you can only speak too hermes online chat.i have problems with hermes all the time too.lost first parcel and second time said parcel was delievered and it only arrived on Tuesday.

I've given up on them myself. just fed up waiting on pickups that never happen and parcels that takes far too long to be delivered. The Wick depot number is 604510 but better to have a moan at the staff in Inverness

McRitchie deliver for Hermes in Halkirk. Never had a problem with them. Driver "Geordie" is brilliant, but he said that the office don't keep him up with pickups,

Well i called the Wick office and was going to be given the driver's number but imo it is his bos's responsibility to take issue with this. Supposed to get a callback but
    am not optimistic.

As suspected there has been no callback from Jamie at the Wick office so I have contacted Inverness where my concerns have been taken seriously and had an
    immediate response from Davie. He called me back within 10 minutes and hopefully the problem is now sorted out. Unfortunately I have still one missing parcel which I will probably never get.
    Anyone else with trouble with their deliveries from Hermes I would suggest you contact Inverness direct.

Well.. the past few months my Hermes parcels are taking weeks to be delivered. Same with my neighbours.. waiting weeks. Waiting now for 2 weeks for another package. I have taken to stopping ordering from anyone or anywhere who is using hermes to deliver and follow up every purchase saying to NOT send anything via Hermes if they were thinking about it. Probably not the drivers fault.. sounds more like office mismanagement as far as dispatching parcels and getting them out to courier drivers. No more Hermes for me though.

Lol. I lied.. just rechecked the tracking for my parcel Ive been waiting for for 2 weeks from Hermes and it WAS delivered yesterday apparently except not to ME. Have checked every shed, bin etc. Definitely no more Hermes for me. Ridiculous. Lol.

Oh god, the dreaded "Hermes" everytime I have bought something online and discovered it's being sent via Hermes I keep my fingers well and truly crossed, they are absolutely hopeless and should rename the company to "Hernia". I have apparantly had an item delivered to me on the 30th December @ 15:24 hours (according to their online tracking service) which is quite strange as I was at home at 15:24 hrs on the 30th and there was certainly no sightings of a courier OR my package.

I've had this before with them..... the seller pays them for, let's say, 3 day delivery but they can't deliver in three days so they mark the package as "delivered" (and signed for) even though the package hasn't been delivered. It makes them look good with the seller and when the buyer informs the the seller that the package hasn't turned up Hermes tells the buyer that a signature has been obtained!!!! The seller then thinks the buyer is trying to pull a fast one and tells the buyer to take it up with Hermes!!??

An absolutely horrendous way to go about things and a good example of why privatising the Royal mail was a very wrong thing to do. Try calling Hermes (7 pence per minute) to be told (when you eventually get through) that "somebody in your household has signed for the package". Erm..... no, the courier and the package were never on my premises and I am the only person on the premises so who are these "somebodies" who would be signing for my package in the event that I wasn't there.

You then get the "have you checked your dustbin? The courier may have left it there or in another secure building" Eh??!! what part of a dustbin is "secure" and did the bloke who lives in my dustbin sign for it?!! It's at this juncture they usually put you on hold "for a second" and then disconnect you!

A great, highly efficient and cheap company if you're a seller using their "service" but an absolute bunch of charlatans and crooks if you're the poor buyer who has apparantly signed for a package he has never received. I'm going to go to town on them when they re-open after the holidays, Caithness is a very small place (especially the part I live in) and it'll be easy to find out where the package is, the delivery guy will know. I have ZERO problems with MacRitchie, IF they get hold of the package they know where to deliver it to..... it's these Hermes bandits I have a big problem with.

I had a search about online and this really doesn't surprise me:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.myhermes.co.uk

8411 people can't all be wrong!

shoot the messenger
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Never had a problem!

I've found that when it says delivered that's the date Hermes have delivered to the local courier and then I just wait for the local guys to deliver to me.

Most online orders now allow the purchaser to input a note regarding delivery. It might be time to say something like "Do not use Hermes as they cannot be relied upon to effect delivery." If enough of us to this retailers might look for alternatives.
    Maya Angelou

It arrived this morning and I asked the driver if I had to sign for it, he told me his machine was "broken" I told him that was a bit odd as somebody had already signed for the package on the 30th December. "There must have been a glitch in the system" he says..... erm, right

Waiting on another package since before Christmas. Been told by Hermes i will get it tomorrow. Well, you justy never know perhaps there have been New Year Resolutions made and i will actually receive it but i won't hold my breath. If it goes to the wrong address again I will go spare!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast