Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Role of the PF

Default Role of the PF

if the role of the Procurator Fiscal is ....

Procurators Fiscal are civil servants qualified as Solicitors, Solicitor-Advocates, or Advocates and are independent prosecutors, constitutionally responsible to the Lord Advocate. They receive and consider reports from the Police and over 40 other agencies and decide whether or not to raise criminal proceedings in the public interest. The Procurators Fiscal (and Procurators Fiscal Depute) prosecute all criminal cases in the sheriff courts.

then how did this case ever get to court ?

and how can you 'sustain' a small scratch ? people sustain injuries, not scratches

Are you in favour of large dogs jumping on people?

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Are you in favour of large dogs jumping on people?
    now you're using donalsin's language the dog didn't jump on the 'victim', it jumped up at her

the 'accused' (the owner, not the dog) apologised at the time, but the victim was so 'annoyed' that she called the Police ?

is that what we should all do when we get annoyed ?

I did wonder the same thing myself when I read about it.
    I have two large dogs that like to make a fuss of people they meet and its hard to temper the border line between what some folk interpretations between a mad dog and a daft dog that wants to say hi.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

It's all down to the training of the dog.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    It's all down to the training of the dog.
    And the ignorance of the owner who thinks it's 'just a bit of fun' to have their animals slevvering all over your clothes and putting dirty paw prints all over you and scratching you.

You wouldn't do that yourself to a passing stranger so why let an animal do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    I did wonder the same thing myself when I read about it.
    I have two large dogs that like to make a fuss of people they meet and its hard to temper the border line between what some folk interpretations between a mad dog and a daft dog that wants to say hi.
    I don't think it is borderline at at all. Unless you know the person is okay with it then don't let the dog do it. I am an animal lover, including dogs, but for several reasons having a dog jump up to say hi makes me really uncomfortable. I am too polite to say anything but if the owner took one look at my face instead of gushing about how cute their dogs are and how they must like me they would see that.

Saying that I agree the case mentioned is crazy and thought as much when I read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity View Post

Saying that I agree the case mentioned is crazy and thought as much when I read it.
    That was the point I was making, I understand that not everyone shares the same liking for dogs and a good recall is the most important training for any dog.

I was just very surprised that this got to court when you consider all the bad things that go on without justice being dealt.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Think its an absolute joke to be going to court over something like that, if the dog had bitten and was aggressive fair enough.

No matter how much training you try to give to an animal sometimes they just get excited, god it was a wee scratch no like she got rabies from it or anything, complete over reaction and waste of police and joe public time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    Think its an absolute joke to be going to court over something like that, if the dog had bitten and was aggressive fair enough.

No matter how much training you try to give to an animal sometimes they just get excited, god it was a wee scratch no like she got rabies from it or anything, complete over reaction and waste of police and joe public time and money.
    It is against the law to have a dog dangerously out of control in a public place.

"Dangerously out of control" is defined as if it "injures someone" or if it "makes someone worried they might be injured".

Whatever your views on what constitutes fair use of court time, the dog was out of control, the law was broken and the owner admitted the law was broken.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

I wonder what the owners reaction had been if the person in fear of the dog kicked it square in the face to make it retreat?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    kicked it square in the face
    The owner or the dog ? Maybe if they'd done it to the former, then they'd think more carefully about properly controlling the latter in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by onespace View Post
    The owner or the dog ? Maybe if they'd done it to the former, then they'd think more carefully about properly controlling the latter in the future.
    im not sure assaulting a fellow human being would solve anything
    but if you are threatened by a dog then fair enough
    W.A.T.P.

personally i think there was an underlying tension here and one prob saw the opportunity to get one over on the other party, pathetic it coming to court as there i am sure more pressing matters to be heard

Quote Originally Posted by dellah View Post
    personally i think there was an underlying tension here and one prob saw the opportunity to get one over on the other party, pathetic it coming to court as there i am sure more pressing matters to be heard
    what has made you come to this conclusion?
    there is nothing in the report to suggest that there has been any previous between them
    W.A.T.P.

Ridiculous that this ever went to court. Like someone else has already said, it was a total overreaction and waste of public money.

Quote Originally Posted by rubber_duck View Post
    Ridiculous that this ever went to court. Like someone else has already said, it was a total overreaction and waste of public money.
    not if the dog left the victim afraid for their safety it wasnt
    W.A.T.P.

Some people are to quick to judge.
    As the owner of the dog plead guilty at the last minute, the female, who was "scratched" as she was trying to stop the Dalmatian attacking her small dog, nor her friend who also witnessed the attack, were allowed to give evidence and the journalist who wrote this story only heard the accused side. Unfortunately another misleading article from the local press.

Nothing misleading about it. The dog owner knew they were guilty so pled guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by onespace View Post
    Nothing misleading about it. The dog owner knew they were guilty so pled guilty.
    Jings here we go again!

This went to trial and wasted all our money and some peoples time as the dog owner at the first hearing plead "not guilty". As I said the press only reported a small portion of this case hence my statement "Unfortunately another misleading article from the local press".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast