Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendations for B&Bs in Thurso

Default Recommendations for B&Bs in Thurso

I am planning a trip to Thurso some time in the new year with some of my old pals from Glasgow and London and I'm looking for recommendations for good B&Bs.

Camfield House is the best B&B in Thurso according to Tripadvisor so that's top of my list but it's quite small and it wouldn't take everyone. I like the look of The Marine and Pentland Lodge is always excellent. Are there other good B&Bs that Thurso folkies would recommend?

I thought of staying with Raymond and flirting with him over coffee, poached eggs and toast at breakfast but that wouldn't be fair so I abandoned that idea. Raymond says there are no good hotels in Thurso which is why I'm asking about B&Bs.
    Last edited by crayola; 16-Oct-16 at 19:52.

Id personally recomend vallyview house murkle excellent all round and brilliant hosts

small fishing village outside wick called pulteney

no good B&Bs either in thurso, your better going to reay
    if it wasnt for pubs it would be tescos for us all

Thurso has some great B&B's. The best B&B in town would be www.pennylandhouse.co.uk. There is also another great one down by Thurso River www.themarinethurso.co.uk.

Thanks for all your suggestions. I hadn't noticed that the Marine has just three rooms which is unfortunate because I really like the sound of it. We would need at least 5 rooms maybe more. I wanted everyone to be able to stay in the same place but this may not be possible for say seven rooms in a B&B. Pentland Lodge House is looking good for six though.

Then there's that other place. Flirting with Raymond over breakfast could still be on the menu.

naw nowt but dingy smelly B7Bs in thursa

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    I am planning a trip to Thurso some time in the new year with some of my old pals from Glasgow and London and I'm looking for recommendations for good B&Bs.

Camfield House is the best B&B in Thurso according to Tripadvisor so that's top of my list but it's quite small and it wouldn't take everyone. I like the look of The Marine and Pentland Lodge is always excellent. Are there other good B&Bs that Thurso folkies would recommend?

I thought of staying with Raymond and flirting with him over coffee, poached eggs and toast at breakfast but that wouldn't be fair so I abandoned that idea. Raymond says there are no good hotels in Thurso which is why I'm asking about B&Bs.
    You've got a nerve !
    I think if I was you, I'd be taking a tent, and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone who I was.

Default Perhaps thurso people dont stay in local accom??

Not sure why you are asking thurso people who rarely if ever stay in local b+bs or local hotels. And perhaps Raymond shouldnt be saying such things!!

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHotel View Post
    Not sure why you are asking thurso people who rarely if ever stay in local b+bs or local hotels. And perhaps Raymond shouldnt be saying such things!!
    He does speak the truth though
    i have rarely heard a good word said about a Thurso hotel, adequate would be the most glowing review I have heard
    W.A.T.P.

I stayed at the Park Hotel about 3 or 4 years ago - didn't need to but work insisted as there was others up from the south staying and they wanted us all together for the couple of days.

Anyway, was unimpressed with the place - everywhere was cold, staff uninterested and the food mediocre. I seem to remember the bar prices were reasonable though....or maybe that just because there was a work's tab!

Quote Originally Posted by gaza View Post
    You've got a nerve !
    I think if I was you, I'd be taking a tent, and I certainly wouldn't tell anyone who I was.
    typical thursa reply, bloody teenabowlies, youd be better staying in a shed in reay,

Quote Originally Posted by ParkHotel View Post
    Good points.

I'm asking here hoping that Thurso exiles can give me advice. There's no point in asking my Thurso pals because they don't stay in Thurso B&Bs.

What Raymond says is his responsibility.

Good points.

I'm asking here hoping that Thurso exiles can give me advice. There's no point in asking my Thurso pals because they don't stay in Thurso B&Bs.

What Raymond says is his responsibility.
    Wait just a minute, it was you Crayola who quoted me saying there were "no good hotels in the town" when you started this thread to have another dig at me. I never ever said that.

What I have said on many occasions and continue to say is "there is a severe lack of top quality bedspaces in the area" i.e. 4-5 star accommodations.

Raymond I will not quote your grammatical errors on a public forum lest they be incorrectly attributed to me.

Now which Thurso B&B would you recommend for my friends? They expect and are used to high quality accommodation. So no second rate places if you please.

Words are cheap Crayola.
    You started this thread attacking me and my business for no good reason and tell lies about me without any concern regarding the consequences.
    Myself and my wife have worked too many 13 hours days over the last 5 years to build our business and look after our guests to suffer your rubbish talk.
    Give us all peace and do what most people without an agenda do and look on Tripadvisor.
    Last edited by Raymond Taylor; 20-Oct-16 at 22:17.

Not everything is about you. Not everyone is narcissistic. The world doesn't revolve around you so don't twist my words again please.

All I desire is a set of reliable recommendations from people's personal experiences. Stop right now and for once let others have their say.
    Last edited by crayola; 21-Oct-16 at 00:57.

Not everything is about you. Not everyone is narcissistic. The world doesn't revolve around you so don't twist my words again please.

All I desire is a set of reliable recommendations from people's personal experiences. Stop right now and for once let others have their say.
    "Stop right now and let others have their say". Lol, Your sucking a lemon obviously - 3044 comments to 53 sort of says it all.

The world doesn't revolve about you as I have already told you. Yet you still impose yourself onto every issue.

The world doesn't revolve about you as I have already told you. Yet you still impose yourself onto every issue.
    So let's get this right. You start the thread purely to have a go at me! You then later in the thread tell lies about me when quoting me as saying "there are no good hotels in Thurso" which I certainly did not say. A fellow business takes exception to that quote which I can understand and you basically tell me to shut up when I defend myself.

You also accuse me of imposing myself on every issue. I have commented on one percent of the threads that you have.

Delusional comes to mind.

Obsessed comes into my mind
    i hope you don't keep any pet rabbits mr t, you may come home to find them in the pot one day
    W.A.T.P.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast