Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Theresa May more Puppet on a String than Dancing Queen

Default Theresa May more Puppet on a String than Dancing Queen

The Westminster Dancing queen of the Conservative party is far better served by the Sandi Shaw song
    " PUPPET ON A STRING " Goes to show that Gru's sister can't dance and the Tories minions will follow blindly .

If it were the SNP conference, and Mr Salmond was still the leader, would he come on dancing to that 80's Samantha Fox tune, "Touch me - (I want your body)"?

Big difference is that ,what Alex Salmon did or did not do has no effect on me or most of the population . What the Westminster " puppet or muppet on a string does will effect us all " Scotland will always be treated like the boy under the stairs or the dog they allow to lay under the table .

Truth is 'never trust a politition ,whatever their party colours. SNP included' . The Tories should have played ABBAs Money, Money ,Money .

if Mr Salmons accusers had said his actions where more like a Chuck Berry song ' My ding-a-ling ' then there would be no hinding place ( no pun intended).
    The whole country is getting to the point that they will accept lies over truth but remember this ,its your children and grandchildren that will have to live with the mistakes YOU make now.
    Last edited by dozy; 04-Oct-18 at 15:13.

Apart from a few local councilors, you are right Dozy, you can't trust any of them. JFK once famously said "Ask not what your country can do for you- ask what you can do for your country". If more politicians on ALL sides asked the same question, this Great Britain that we all live in would be truly Great.

If she were thinking that the choice of music reflected her leadership of the party (and the country), maybe Theresa May, rather than choosing 'Dancing Queen', would have been better off with 'Slipping Through My Fingers'. Particularly given her cack handed approach at dealing with Brexit, and how she seems to be foisting upon us some sort of "deal" rather than the Brexit we voted for.

What it does open up, is the thought of which ABBA song best suits which political entrance..... Or exit as the case may be.....

At the next meeting of Michel Barnier and Dominic Raab in Brussels, I can see Michel entering to 'Gimme Gimme Gimme', whilst Dominic comes in to 'Whats the name of the game?'

Meanwhile, at the next Conservative leadership election, Boris Johnson steps up to the lectern to the strains of 'Take a Chance on Me', whilst at his victory speech, Jacob Rees-Mogg plays 'The Winner Takes it All'

Outside Strichen village hall, Alex Salmond, facing the press (the reporter from the Strichen Parish Newsletter) after his latest investigation cant decide whether to play 'The King has lost his Crown' from the Voulez Vouz album, 'She's my type of Girl' from Ring Ring, or 'When I Kissed the Teacher'. Though what those teachers were doing in Bute House in 2013 is not clear - Probably being briefed (or debriefed?!) on the latest SNP education policies.

And at the next SNP conference, Wee Krankie unveils plans for Indyref2, to the backdrop of 'On and On and On' (and on and on and on and on and on and on and on..........), before Ruth Davidson gets a hold of the PA system, and replaces it with 'Move On' from 'ABBA - The Album'. At the end of the SNP conference, 'Our last summer' plays them out.

Meanwhile, at the UKIP conference, Nigel is introduced as the new leader to the strains of 'I have a Dream', whilst at Labour HQ, Jeremy Corbyn tenders his resignation accomanied by 'Why did it have to be me?'

Over in Northern Ireland, Arlene Foster attempts to play down an explosive news story, whilst some wily journalist plays 'Me and Bobby and Bobbys Brother' from the 'Ring Ring' album.

Back in Brussels, the UK leave the building accompanied by 'So Long' from the ABBA album, to which Angela Merkel cues up on her MP3 player - 'SOS'

Outside 10 Downing Street, PM Farage shimmies out the famous black door to 'When all is said and done', whilst ex PM, Theresa May, heads down the street, Gordon Brown style to 'Disillusion', from the 'Ring Ring' album

Then I woke up and realised that that 'I'd had a Dream'.......
    Last edited by orkneycadian; 04-Oct-18 at 22:19. Reason: Thats not how you spell disillusion!

You have too much time on your hands!

Just been up in the loft and dug out all my old Abba albums, I must get around to buying a record player and actually play them again.

I csn only add two to that impressive list.

I would like to see Alex and Nicola walk on together holding hands while 'One man one woman' plays Then as they exit stage right I want to hear 'Two for the price of one'. I like to belive that when AS and NS are alone in front of a cozy fire she sings 'I'm a marionette' to him.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Captureyut.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	34115

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by orkneycadian View Post
    If she were thinking that the choice of music reflected her leadership of the party (and the country), maybe Theresa May, rather than choosing 'Dancing Queen', would have been better off with 'Slipping Through My Fingers'. Particularly given her cack handed approach at dealing with Brexit, and how she seems to be foisting upon us some sort of "deal" rather than the Brexit we voted for.

What it does open up, is the thought of which ABBA song best suits which political entrance..... Or exit as the case may be.....

At the next meeting of Michel Barnier and Dominic Raab in Brussels, I can see Michel entering to 'Gimme Gimme Gimme', whilst Dominic comes in to 'Whats the name of the game?'

Meanwhile, at the next Conservative leadership election, Boris Johnson steps up to the lectern to the strains of 'Take a Chance on Me', whilst at his victory speech, Jacob Rees-Mogg plays 'The Winner Takes it All'

Outside Strichen village hall, Alex Salmond, facing the press (the reporter from the Strichen Parish Newsletter) after his latest investigation cant decide whether to play 'The King has lost his Crown' from the Voulez Vouz album, 'She's my type of Girl' from Ring Ring, or 'When I Kissed the Teacher'. Though what those teachers were doing in Bute House in 2013 is not clear - Probably being briefed (or debriefed?!) on the latest SNP education policies.

And at the next SNP conference, Wee Krankie unveils plans for Indyref2, to the backdrop of 'On and On and On' (and on and on and on and on and on and on and on..........), before Ruth Davidson gets a hold of the PA system, and replaces it with 'Move On' from 'ABBA - The Album'. At the end of the SNP conference, 'Our last summer' plays them out.

Meanwhile, at the UKIP conference, Nigel is introduced as the new leader to the strains of 'I have a Dream', whilst at Labour HQ, Jeremy Corbyn tenders his resignation accomanied by 'Why did it have to be me?'

Over in Northern Ireland, Arlene Foster attempts to play down an explosive news story, whilst some wily journalist plays 'Me and Bobby and Bobbys Brother' from the 'Ring Ring' album.

Back in Brussels, the UK leave the building accompanied by 'So Long' from the ABBA album, to which Angela Merkel cues up on her MP3 player - 'SOS'

Outside 10 Downing Street, PM Farage shimmies out the famous black door to 'When all is said and done', whilst ex PM, Theresa May, heads down the street, Gordon Brown style to 'Disillusion', from the 'Ring Ring' album

Then I woke up and realised that that 'I'd had a Dream'.......

• That gave me a laugh, thanks.