Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'Holby Blue' - a watershed question.....

Quote Originally Posted by percy toboggan View Post
    Problem is they might be encouraged to use them thinking they're a precaution. In my experience they are no such thing. They tend to shred after about an hour offering no protection against anything.
    i didnt watch it as i thought it was obvious it was going to be cack.

as per the above statememt about the condom, it is better to use that than nothing at all!
    (\__/)
    ( o.O) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(") your signature, to help him gain World Domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Flower View Post
    ....Why on earth would a children's programme show children being disrespectful to teachers in this way.....
    A very good question. It needs to be asked of the various youngish programme makers who seem to pull the strings at the BBC. I'd guess these people are little more than vaccuous airheads desperate for ratings to keep their inflated saleries which you and I pay for. Accordingly anything tacky, loutish or generally seen as controversial seems to get the green light.

What is happening is a clear erosion of boundaries and moral guidance - or just a lack of good manners and taste - which is bound to rub off on impressionable youngsters who watch this unsatisfactory cack.

I don't care what anyone tells me, children ARE influenced by things they see on television. To deny this is to display a lack of common sense.

Someone said (I paraphrase) 'telly is only reflecting real life' . The truth is of course that this is nonsense. For 99.9% of people 'real life' consists of a daily routine that is a million miles from entertainment. Television - especially drama needs to be anything but. Of course at later times it can reflect the seemier , more unpleasant aspects of life, but why oh why is there so little imaginative feelgood programming that shows characters in a positive and uplifting light?

From the few times I watch soap operas there seems to be much snarling & unpleasantness and these are often aired even earlier than 8-00pm.

Default getting a grip?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    get a grip
    If that's a reference to my opinion on condoms and a guide to alternative arrangements then it's mildly amusing and you surprise me.

If it's merely a short attempt at a pithy put down after my combative retort to your original garbage I'll bear your sentiments in mind.

Briefly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12