Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

Rheghead are you suggesting we become vegans, so apart from not eating meat eggs & dairy what else does it involve presume you wear plastic shoes etc tho I new a vegan that wore leather trousers, that confused the hell out of me

Quote Originally Posted by pig whisperer View Post
    Rheghead are you suggesting we become vegans, so apart from not eating meat eggs & dairy what else does it involve presume you wear plastic shoes etc tho I new a vegan that wore leather trousers, that confused the hell out of me
    I just want to know the truth about the risks to health about eating meat and dairy and I want us to come to a consensus by sharing information that is accurate and not tainted by bias or financial concerns. However, I want to add that I am not trying to sell anything and I have my own bias to this subject but try to control it. Feel free to peer-review anything that I present as evidence but falls short, I will support any kind of indications or corrections of bias.

I will be also fully supportive of anyone who acknowledges that there is a risk to consuming animal products if the risks are substantiated but chooses to continue to eat them because of a lifestyle choice. We live in a free society afterall, I'm not a preachy sort of person despite any first or past impressions to the contrary. Though if someone chooses to act in such a way that flies in full face of good evidence says a lot about a persons moral and intellectual standing.

I use the word vegan loosely as vegans who call themselves vegans have a narrow narrative or definition as to what makes a vegan. I think there is some leeway in what applies in the definition of what makes a vegan but I prefer to use the term plant-based diet rather than vegan but I used the vegan word for familiarity purposes because I've never been in a plant-based restaurant but I've been in one or two vegan restaurants. Ultimately I do not get hung up on the useage of the terms to describe people who just eat plants.

For the purpose of this thread to prevent off-topic wander, I just want to focus on the health impacts of eating dairy or/and meat rather than ethical issues regarding animal cruelty in rearing animals for food and clothing. Health was partly and probably the main reason, enironmental reasons secondly why I decided to cut out dairy and meat. I feel better for it as well.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 13-Sep-16 at 23:22.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I feel a good way to stay healthier is to stick to a good diet of self satisfaction.

Avoid, as Begbie said in Trainspotting, those "Flipping Chemicals"

Make sure to avoid Oxygen, it's a scientific fact that anyone who ever inhaled Oxygen eventually died.

Also best to avoid the Daily Mail, not only are there scaremongering stories on the front pages every other week regarding "lethal" foodsuffs, but there is also a chemical in the newspaper's ink that penetrates the skin, causing less tolerance of people on benefits, immigrants and anybody who is squandering "taxpayer's" money.

As comedian Denis Leary once said when told by a friend that there is a chemical in beef that stays in your body for 15 years after you consume it:-

"Good, I paid for that steak, I want my money's worth"

This study shows that replacing animal food products with soya based food products like soya milk and TVP will offer protection against breast cancer, especially if young girls are introduced to soya products early in their lives. Typical reductions in the incidences of breast cancer were 30% and greater protection was observed in women who were high risk or had a family history of breast cancer.

http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/444735

David Dobbin CEO of United Dairy Farmers warns of a milk industry in crisis as youngsters are drinking more vegetable-based milks due to the health benefits that they offer over dairy milk like lower cancer risk and lower risk of obesity. In face of that trend he suggested the dairy industry has to make dairy milk more appealing, he offered the following quote

“The problem we face is that we have some health professionals who see dairy as the enemy,”
    Hang on a minute, why are we being asked to ignore scientific evidence and nutritional advice from experts and scientists? Why are we being encouraged to drink a product that has a cancer risk and contributes to obesity? Is the wealth and jobs of farmers more important than our health? It definitely makes me think of the arguments that global tobacco companies had in the 1950s-70s with their products.

http://www.fwi.co.uk/business/dairy-...nking-milk.htm
    Last edited by Rheghead; 14-Sep-16 at 19:36.

Default dairy products can kill

how do soya beans become milk, spread, mince etc just asking

Quote Originally Posted by pig whisperer View Post
    how do soya beans become milk, spread, mince etc just asking
    I'm not sure about spread, mince or TVP etc but I've made soya milk at home. Just soak the beans, mascerate and boil with water and strain out the insolubles. After cooling it is suitable to use in place of dairy milk. I think the strained bean byproduct goes on to make soya products like TVP so nothing is wasted.

Here is another study that further supports that drinking dairy milk is a risk factor in developing prostate cancer. Drinking vegetable based milks is not harmful.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17704029

An epidemiology study in post-war Japan shows a 25 times increase in the incidences of prostate cancer in parrallel with huge dietary changes and indicates the cancer causing characteristics of meat, dairy and eggs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12710911

In this study it was found that a totally plant-based diet, that means cutting out all dairy and meat offered the best chances of life longevity after having been diagnosed with cancer. Cancer patients will say they'd do anything to have that extra bit of life to be with with family but would that mean they would change their diet to being a vegan?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18789600

Here is another study which suggests that if girls consume a diet that contains animal proteins then that will cause an early onset of menarche. Early menarche is related to high susceptibility to developing breast cancer and osteoporosis later in life.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20529402

English "WESTMINSTER" propganda mate....... Sturgeon has all the answers......... she is the be all and end all.............

I personally would rather eat what I enjoy and maybe just maybe shorten my life expectancy slightly. Who wants to live for ever on a diet of lettuce leaves? Not me for sure.

Ps I was a manager on a 140,000 intensive poultry unit and I had vegetarians buying my eggs over free range as my birds only ate a grain based diet. Free range birds have access to insects and worms (meat)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    I personally would rather eat what I enjoy and maybe just maybe shorten my life expectancy slightly. Who wants to live for ever on a diet of lettuce leaves? Not me for sure.

Ps I was a manager on a 140,000 intensive poultry unit and I had vegetarians buying my eggs over free range as my birds only ate a grain based diet. Free range birds have access to insects and worms (meat)
    Sorry but do you really think a vegan diet is just eating lettuce leaves or are you just trying to prevent people from refusing to buy your cancer causing products or trying to reinforce a false metaphore? I fully respect anyone's decision to abuse their their own body or play Russian roulette with their health but ignorance is rife about the dangers of eating animal products so I am fully prepared to conduct a large series of posts to promote the fantastic tasty, safe, quality and variable aspects of a vegan diet if you think that it is boring or you think eating animal products is safe.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 17-Sep-16 at 12:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    I personally would rather eat what I enjoy and maybe just maybe shorten my life expectancy slightly.
    The problem is that it doesn't seem to be a slight increase of risk of cancer with eating eggs.

This study shows that:

Men who consumed 2.5 or more eggs per week had an 81% increased risk of lethal prostate cancer compared with men who consumed less than 0.5 eggs per week
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21930800

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The problem is that it doesn't seem to be a slight increase of risk of cancer with eating eggs.

This study shows that:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21930800
    Your link says: "In conclusion, consumption of eggs may increase risk of developing a lethal form of prostate cancer among healthy men."

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Your link says: "In conclusion, consumption of eggs may increase risk of developing a lethal form of prostate cancer among healthy men."
    Playing Russian roulette may result in death.

Playing Russian roulette may result in death.
    You don't understand what you're posting on here.

Playing Russian roulette increases the risk of death.

Your link says "consumption of eggs may increase risk of developing a lethal form of prostate cancer among healthy men."

Do you not know what "may" means?

Lightbulb

Sorry but do you really think a vegan diet is just eating lettuce leaves or are you just trying to prevent people from refusing to buy your cancer causing products or trying to reinforce a false metaphore? I fully respect anyone's decision to abuse their their own body or play Russian roulette with their health but ignorance is rife about the dangers of eating animal products so I am fully prepared to conduct a large series of posts to promote the fantastic tasty, safe, quality and variable aspects of a vegan diet if you think that it is boring or you think eating animal products is safe.

srsly? this is what the org has turned into....hmm i will enlighten you about 99% of Joe public thoughts
    who would want to live to 75-90 to do what? extend the agony of what is life basically a slow death? with a boring food regime
    nah highly doubtful...im glad you eat soya ...i certainly couldn't or wouldn't want too.
    Life is a roll of a dice some win some loose regardless when we go the world wont stop for us. Lol in 100 year not one of us will be remembered from Caithness anyways

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast