Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Yes, for now'
    Do you not realise how ridiculous and frankly, puerile this comment is, on a parr with many others that you have written on here?
    I feel sorry for you. By your own admission, the reaction to your postings is hostile and mocking and you are not winning any converts. This is because the folk on here are perfectly capable of evaluating evidence and coming up with a different conclusion to your own and sensibly deciding what they wish to eat and you simply cannot stand that, can you? So to use your own tactic, why do you keep on doing it? Answer, you are doing it for yourself, not because you somehow want to save people in your own distorted view. Why do you feel the necessity to always come back and have the last word? Clearly, even such negative reaction is affording you some kind of satisfaction and answering an obsessive need in you. Maybe you should look at the rest of your life and what is lacking in it. I have vegan and vegetarian friends who do not behave as you do. They are friends who come round for dinner sometimes- it's not a problem to me to cook for them and what we all eat or do not eat is not the topic of conversation.
    I challenge you to give this up. I don't think that you will or that you are able to but for the sake of your mental health, you would be advised to consider it.
    As for me well, in the immortal words of Rhett Butler: 'Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn' and I'm out of here.
    I am doing it because I care deeply for your wellbeing. I care deeply for our planet and i care for animals. It has nothing to do with me. I like the taste of meat and dairy, if it was all about me then I wouldn't be posting these posts on a thread of my own creation.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

A report by the UN's own environmental and agricultural agency report that 18% of all anthropogenic greenhouse gases stem from the livestock industry. animal agriculture is a major source of greenhouse gases. More than the fossil fuels used to power transport.

Atmosphere and climate
    With rising temperatures, rising sea levels, melting icecaps and glaciers, shifting ocean
    currents and weather patterns, climate change is the most serious challenge facing the human race.
    The livestock sector is a major player, responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas
    emissions measured in CO2equivalent. This is a higher share than transport.

If you care about your own carbon footprint then you can reduce it at a stroke by just eating plant-based foods. This not only reduces your carbon footprint but it will also reduce the amount of land that is used to support your lifestyle.

ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/010/a0701e/a0701e00.pdf
    Last edited by Rheghead; 18-Jan-17 at 18:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I've answered, I have my thoughts to my own. What the dairy industry does is unethical. Cows are more of a someone than a something. We saw on telly recently how abandoned cows on Orkney can regain some kind of normality to life and build relationships with their own herd members. They protect their young and once again live noble lives as wild animals again. That is a life. Cattle in the meat industry are denied this luxury. They are property to be abused as commodities for our own greed.
    no, you said your thoughts were your own regarding Mr Mackay, but you did not answer the question I posed?
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    no, you said your thoughts were your own regarding Mr Mackay, but you did not answer the question I posed?
    I answered it in the original quote then.

Plant-based milks are getting so popular in the USA now that they are challenging the supremacy of dairy milk. The result of this popularity is that a senator is pushing through a Pride in dairy Act that will make it illegal to call a plant-based milk ...milk. Now that is a sign of desperation despite milk referring to an emulsion in general terms rather than a specific secretion from a cow.

Sales are so popular in the US that the market share has increased to nearly $900 million whilst sales of dairy milk has reduced by over $1billion. People are slowly realising that there is a better product than dairy milk to put on your cornflakes and in your tea and coffee.

https://doorcountypulse.com/sen-bald...sed-beverages/

I answered it in the original quote then.
    No, I'm sorry you haven't answered the question at all.

So just to ensure we are 100% crystal clear on this, you do not consider AI of cattle to be rape then?
    W.A.T.P.

Avoids the point. how many incidences could be avoided if they kept dairy out of their diet?
    Not exactly a scientific rebuttal there?
    How may could be avoided it they had dairy in their diet?

Here's some food for thought:
    Genetic predisposition for adult lactose intolerance and relation to diet, bone density, and bone fractures. link

and

In addition, China faces two major challenges now and in the future. First, China has the largest population in the world, which means an increased population with osteoporosis even if the incidence of osteoporosis is kept at the current level. Second, accelerated ageing in China necessitates the establishment of an all-functional social security system for the ageing population. As is well known, people aged 50 and years and above are at an increased risk of osteoporosis. As reported in 2010, there were 111 million (8.2 % of China’s population) elderly Chinese individuals (aged 65+ years), of which 19.3 million were in the oldest age group (aged 80+). The elderly population aged 65+ years is estimated to increase immensely, reaching 400 million by 2050 link

and

In developed countries, for example, the prevalence rate of OP in older adults was about 13%–18% and 21.2% in the United States and Sweden, respectively.3,4 In the People’s Republic of China, however, the mean prevalence of OP in older adults is estimated at 15.7%, and it is considered to be increasing gradually with the increasing age of the total population, which is associated with the improvement of the average life expectancy link

No, I'm sorry you haven't answered the question at all.

So just to ensure we are 100% crystal clear on this, you do not consider AI of cattle to be rape then?
    Yes i consider the act of putting an instrument into the vagina of a cow that doesn't consent and feels pain from that act to be rape. It is rape. I thought that was clear, you are obviously not reading my posts.

I also believe that people who standby and encourage that act to be aparty to rape.

I cannot accuse anyone of rape or call anyone a rapist because I have not been a witness to an act of rape and nor do I wish to be If you assure me that certain persons are conducting themselves in such a manner then it can only open the possibility of myself thinking they are rapists but i could never accuse them.

Thanks for the confirmation.
    so by that logic most vets and farmers are rapists also I'd have thought nearly all vets would have calved a cow or lambed an ewe.
    My god the vet stuck a thermometer (and a digit I think) up my dogs bum a few months ago, is that rape also and am I an accessory to rape as I held the mutt down?

surely milking a cow is a horrid degrading sexual assault also?

honestly rheg away and have a word with yourself, take a long lie down in a darkened room and regain your marbles before you lose them forever.
    Last edited by mi16; 19-Jan-17 at 11:10.
    W.A.T.P.

A report by the UN's own environmental and agricultural agency report that 18% of all anthropogenic greenhouse gases stem from the livestock industry. animal agriculture is a major source of greenhouse gases. More than the fossil fuels used to power transport.

Atmosphere and climate
    With rising temperatures, rising sea levels, melting icecaps and glaciers, shifting ocean
    currents and weather patterns, climate change is the most serious challenge facing the human race.
    The livestock sector is a major player, responsible for 18 percent of greenhouse gas
    emissions measured in CO2equivalent. This is a higher share than transport.

If you care about your own carbon footprint then you can reduce it at a stroke by just eating plant-based foods. This not only reduces your carbon footprint but it will also reduce the amount of land that is used to support your lifestyle.

ftp://ftp.fao.org/docrep/fao/010/a0701e/a0701e00.pdf
    If you care about your carbon footprint..................................how much plant based milk is UK grown/produced? How much plant based diet could the farmers of Caithness grow to feed the local population (reducing food miles to a minimum)? Should we as a people move south to where the human race lived before we became farmers?

Do you eat only locally grown food, or do you buy food that has travelled thousands of miles?

Thanks for the confirmation.
    so by that logic most vets and farmers are rapists also I'd have thought nearly all vets would have calved a cow or lambed an ewe.
    My god the vet stuck a thermometer (and a digit I think) up my dogs bum a few months ago, is that rape also and am I an accessory to rape as I held the mutt down?

surely milking a cow is a horrid degrading sexual assault also?

honestly rheg away and have a word with yourself, take a long lie down in a darkened room and regain your marbles before you lose them forever.
    For pity's sake, there is vast difference between the ethical reasons for taking the temperature of your dog with a thin instrument into the anus and artificially inseminating a cow for personal profit.

Firstly, taking the temperature of a dog is part of the medical process to keep your dog in good condition so it will have a comfortable life. If the dog could consent to having its temperature knowing the reasons then it would gladly do so. Put yourself in its paws.

However, artificially inseminating a cow involves placing an instrument right up a cows vagina to up near the cervix causing pain and discomfort (you admit this yourself). The repeated pregnancies (which it was forced to have) causes a physical strain on the cow ensuring premature collapse and death. It becomes a downer after just ~5 years. The natural lifespan of a cow could be 20 years if loved and respected. The cow would not agree to that. Put yourself in its hooves. It certainly would not agree to having its baby removed on the day of the birth to be slaughtered and then be subjected to having been milked mechanically for the next 10 months thus denying it of a natural mother's instinct. And it certainly would not agree to being slaughtered for being taken advantage of after becoming unproductive.

What is wrong with just drinking non dairy milk which is just as nutritious and doesn't have a cruel footprint attached and is much more environmentally friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    If you care about your carbon footprint..................................how much plant based milk is UK grown/produced? How much plant based diet could the farmers of Caithness grow to feed the local population (reducing food miles to a minimum)? Should we as a people move south to where the human race lived before we became farmers?

Do you eat only locally grown food, or do you buy food that has travelled thousands of miles?
    Oat milk is an excellent substitute for dairy milk and has been claimed to have the most dairy-like taste. Try not to convince me that we cannot grow oats in Caithness.

Yes i consider the act of putting an instrument into the vagina of a cow that doesn't consent and feels pain from that act to be rape. It is rape.
    What is the difference between inserting an instrument into a cows vagina or a dogs anus?

For pity's sake, there is vast difference between the ethical reasons for taking the temperature of your dog with a thin instrument into the anus and artificially inseminating a cow for personal profit.
    Neither consented to it, my dog certainly seemed uncomfortable and disturbed by it.

Why did the vet insert the thermometer into the dogs anus? Profit, if i did not pay him to do it he would not have done it.

If the dog could consent to having its temperature knowing the reasons then it would gladly do so. Put yourself in its paws.
    There are many humans who refuse medical procedures that could be argued as being in their best interests, you dont know what the dog would say if it could converse, and dogs are not the most logical of beasts especially senile ones.

What is wrong with just drinking non dairy milk which is just as nutritious and doesn't have a cruel footprint attached and is much more environmentally friendly?
    So now we have cruel footprints to think of as well as carbon ones

What about all the insects and other creatures that are killed in the harvesting of your vegan food, do they not matter to you?
    Do you think the plants harvested for your diet would opt to be eaten if able to communicate?
    Last edited by mi16; 19-Jan-17 at 18:25.
    W.A.T.P.

What is the difference between inserting an instrument into a cows vagina or a dogs anus?
    Neither consented to it, my dog certainly seemed uncomfortable and disturbed by it.

Why did the vet insert the thermometer into the dogs anus? Profit, if i did not pay him to do it he would not have done it.
    Ha ha , you didn't take your dog to your vet for your profit, you sent it to your for its well being.

You got the vet to put that instrument for your own profit and it caused the cow suffering. There is a huge ethical difference.

Oat milk is an excellent substitute for dairy milk and has been claimed to have the most dairy-like taste. Try not to convince me that we cannot grow oats in Caithness.
    That doesn't really answer the question though does it?
    W.A.T.P.

Ha ha , you didn't take your dog to your vet for your profit, you sent it to your for its well being.

You got the vet to put that instrument for your own profit and it caused the cow suffering. There is a huge ethical difference.
    No cow was hurt in the taking of my dogs temperature, I want that on the record!!!

i didnt take the dog to the vet for profit, but the vet stuck his thermometer up its anus for profit, if my wallet was empty so would have been the dogs rectum.
    W.A.T.P.

What about all the insects and other creatures that are killed in the harvesting of your vegan food, do they not matter to you?
    Do you think the plants harvested for your diet would opt to be eaten if able to communicate?
    Since 75% of all crops are grown as feedstock for animals in a very innefficient process of converting 10kg of plant protein into 1kg of animal protein then I am actually saving lives by having a plant-based diet.

Since 75% of all crops are grown as feedstock for animals in a very innefficient process of converting 10kg of plant protein into 1kg of animal protein then I am actually saving lives by having a plant-based diet.
    But lives will be lost in the process, yes?
    W.A.T.P.

But lives will be lost in the process, yes?
    Veganism isn't about being perfect. No vegan can live a perfect life in a world that is full of cruelty. Being vegan is about living your life in the least cruelest way possible and with causing as least harm to the environment as possible, it is about making a positive difference. Call it Ahimsa if you like. Being vegan is about making a positive difference to ourselves and the planet...and the animals.
    If you are going to convince me that I should eat animals to save lives and stop suffering then you will have a hard job on your hands.

Animal products are ubiquitous in virtually every manufactured product. These products are usually supplied with waste products from the butchering process like bones, skin, fat, tendons and sinue. Manufacturers only use these products because they are cheap, they are waste. Little profit is gained to the meat industry from these waste products. However, the more and more people who go vegan will make these waste meat products unattractive to the manufacturers of finished goods, this will force them to seek out alternative and ethically sound products. But I reckon that by refusing to consume meat, dairy or other meat products we can hit this cruel industry at its heart and usher in a healthier and environmentally better future for ourselves. We will liberate farmers from their cruelty, they will thank us in the end as they too will seek to nourish us with plants instead of growing plants for animals.

By going vegan, you can also reduce your carbon footprint by 24%, improve your health by having less risk of heart attack, type 2 diabetes, cancer and stroke et etc. These are the big human killers that destroy lives and families.

If anyone is scared about what to cook and how to live life as a vegan then seek out the hashtag #veganuary. Or alternatively join a Facebook group like Plant based Geeks, New Vegan Support, VeganUK is also a good one. Other vegans will help you get you through the first few months as your taste buds adapt to appreciate the taste of plant-based food. Your cravings for meat and dairy will eventually subside after about a month as the addictive components of these foods get flushed out of your body. After only a few weeks of being a vegan, your body will change physically, your skin will look better, you will have more energy, your muscle tone will improve, you will sleep better, and concentrate fully etc. The beneficial effects are virtually endless, I was sceptical at first but now I am convinced that as omnivore humans we are simply eating the wrong type of food which their bodies cannot digest properly. Plant based diet is the best!

The cows will like it too.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 19-Jan-17 at 19:23.

Veganism isn't about being perfect. No vegan can live a perfect life in a world that is full of cruelty. Being vegan is about living your life in the least cruelest way possible and with causing as least harm to the environment as possible, it is about making a positive difference. Call it Ahimsa if you like. Being vegan is about making a positive difference to ourselves and the planet...and the animals.
    If you are going to convince me that I should eat animals to save lives and stop suffering then you will have a hard job on your hands.

Animal products are ubiquitous in virtually every manufactured product. These products are usually supplied with waste products from the butchering process like bones, skin, fat, tendons and sinue. Manufacturers only use these products because they are cheap, they are waste. Little profit is gained to the meat industry from these waste products. However, the more and more people who go vegan will make these waste meat products unattractive to the manufacturers of finished goods, this will force them to seek out alternative and ethically sound products. But I reckon that by refusing to consume meat, dairy or other meat products we can hit this cruel industry at its heart and usher in a healthier and environmentally better future for ourselves. We will liberate farmers from their cruelty, they will thank us in the end as they too will seek to nourish us with plants instead of growing plants for animals.

By going vegan, you can also reduce your carbon footprint by 24%, improve your health by having less risk of heart attack, type 2 diabetes, cancer and stroke et etc. These are the big human killers that destroy lives and families.

If anyone is scared about what to cook and how to live life as a vegan then seek out the hashtag #veganuary. Or alternatively join a Facebook group like Plant based Geeks, New Vegan Support, VeganUK is also a good one. Other vegans will help you get you through the first few months as your taste buds adapt to appreciate the taste of plant-based food. Your cravings for meat and dairy will eventually subside after about a month as the addictive components of these foods get flushed out of your body. After only a few weeks of being a vegan, your body will change physically, your skin will look better, you will have more energy, your muscle tone will improve, you will sleep better, and concentrate fully etc. The beneficial effects are virtually endless, I was sceptical at first but now I am convinced that as omnivore humans we are simply eating the wrong type of food themselves. Plant based diet is the best!

The cows will like it too.
    I have no issue with veganism per se, its the bleedin vegans that are a pain in the anus though, trying to force their perceived superior ethical and moral vales upon us carnivores.
    W.A.T.P.