Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Horseman View Post
    Recent stats show that Scotland has one of the worst diets in the World, ranking 40 out of 50. And with some of the worst tooth decay......FYI...
    They need less sweets, more meats.

Have just come back from my GP, who was giving me the results of a Bone Scan I had to detect Osteoporosis and measuring my bone density, the result is I have not got Osteoporosis, but a little thinning of my bones, and at my age that is not a big deal. Her recommendations take more Calcium and the best source of that is Dairy Products, so Rheghead, I will no longer be listening to you witter on about them causing Cancer. I have recovered from Stomach Cancer, and as a result I will be taking more Dairy products in my daily diet, my GP does not cherry pick from the internet as you do.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Default Mr Golach

Hello Mr Golach.
    How u b?
    Glad u have recovered.......

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Have just come back from my GP, who was giving me the results of a Bone Scan I had to detect Osteoporis and measuring my bone density, the result is I have not got Osteoporosis, but a little thinning of my bones, and at my age that is not a big deal. Her recommendations take more Calcium and the best source of that is Dairy Products, so Rheghead, I will no longer be listening to you witter on about them causing Cancer. I have recovered from Stomach Cancer, and as a result I will be taking more Dairy products in my daily diet, my GP does not cherry pick from the internet as you do.
    The countries with the highest incidence of osteoporosis are the countries with the highest consumption of dairy products.

Perhaps that is a freak coincidence.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    The countries with the highest incidence of osteoporosis are the countries with the highest consumption of dairy products.

They're the countries where people live long enough to get osteoporosis.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    They're the countries where people live long enough to get osteoporosis.
    Have come osteoporosis is not linked with those countries that enjoy long life but do not consume lots of of dairy like China?

but I have been diagnosed with not having osteoporosis , what and why should I care, I am still going to use dairy products as I have all my long life
    Last edited by golach; 31-Dec-16 at 09:59.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Have come osteoporosis is not linked with those countries that enjoy long life but do not consume lots of of dairy like China?
    They eat more dog.

http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...-controversies "There is evidence that dairy products could reduce the risk of bowel cancer," you takes your pick..
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/abou...-controversies "There is evidence that dairy products could reduce the risk of bowel cancer," you takes your pick..
    Happy new year moderation in everything

There has been several studies which show that eating meat significantly increases the risk of getting colon cancer, eating dairy does seem to alleviate the risk of colon cancer but it doesn't seem to rid the chance of colon altogether, if you are vegan in the first place then your chances are much better.

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    but I have been diagnosed with not having osteoporosis , what and why should I care, I am still going to use dairy products as I have all my long life
    I thought you were out of this discussion?

Cancer Research UK have entered the biggest corporate charity arrangement in British history with the largest retailer of dairy and meat products in the UK (Tesco). That is like British and american tobacco co sponsoring a major lung cancer charity.

ancer Research UK have entered the biggest corporate charity arrangement in British history with the largest retailer of dairy and meat products in the UK (Tesco). That is like British and american tobacco co sponsoring a major lung cancer charity.

And of course, as we all know, this is the ultimate conspiracy and the money raised will not be going into research into the causes and treatment of cancer (on no, silly, naive me for thinking that!) but into making sure that all folk in the UK consume vastly more quantities of dairy produce with the sinister boffins in the laboratories behind it all, willing us all on to develop cancer at ever earlier ages. Hey ho, Happy New Year everyone and hope that you stay healthy and happy, whatever you happen to be eating.

Keep up to date with things at Reay Hall.

I imagine Tesco are also one of the largest sellers of fruit and veg too. I wonder if some of the profits from these sales go to CRUK

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    ancer Research UK have entered the biggest corporate charity arrangement in British history with the largest retailer of dairy and meat products in the UK (Tesco). That is like British and american tobacco co sponsoring a major lung cancer charity.

And of course, as we all know, this is the ultimate conspiracy and the money raised will not be going into research into the causes and treatment of cancer (on no, silly, naive me for thinking that!) but into making sure that all folk in the UK consume vastly more quantities of dairy produce with the sinister boffins in the laboratories behind it all, willing us all on to develop cancer at ever earlier ages. Hey ho, Happy New Year everyone and hope that you stay healthy and happy, whatever you happen to be eating.

Keep up to date with things at Reay Hall.
    Conspiracy theories are just that, they're not based in fact.. But it is a fact that Tesco have entered the biggest corporate donation arrangement with Cancer research UK in UK history.

It seems to me to be common sense to prevent cancer in the first place than it is to cure it.

Choosing to eat a plant-based diet basically comes down to a loaded choice. Are you prepared to choose a diet which nourishes you in a less harmful way to yourself, your family and your planet, or do you wish to keep on eating animal products which are destroying your health, your family and your planet because you just like the taste of them and are not willing to listen to the facts or are unwilling to change your ways for a greater good. It is that simple of a choice. We have words that accurately describe people who take the latter option, they are not exactly flattering but they have to take it on the chin.

Choosing to eat a plant-based diet basically comes down to a loaded choice. Are you prepared to choose a diet which nourishes you in a less harmful way to yourself, your family and your planet, or do you wish to keep on eating animal products which are destroying your health, your family and your planet because you just like the taste of them and are not willing to listen to the facts or are unwilling to change your ways for a greater good. It is that simple of a choice. We have words that accurately describe people who take the latter option, they are not exactly flattering but they have to take it on the chin.
    There are also words, most very short, which describe someone who tries to push their opinions/life choices down other people's throats (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by wavy davy View Post
    There are also words, most very short, which describe someone who tries to push their opinions/life choices down other people's throats (no pun intended).
    And who, in fact, does not have the scientific back up for his claims in a highly complex field of study and who even refuses to acknowledge that human beings, as a species, evolved as omnivores.