Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

Human beings are not natural meateaters. And humans have only consumed dairy since the birth of agriculture a mere 10,000 years ago. Whereas humanity is much older, human beings have been around for about 150,000+ years during which we ate a mainly or exclusively a vegetarian diet.

We are the only creature to consume the lactic secretions of another species, and certainly, we are the only creature to consume milk into adulthood. If you think about that for a minute then you may be able to realise how unnatural consuming dairy products really is. What is unnatural is usually bad for us and i am convinced that is why our bodies are trying to tell us that via incidence of cancer, heart disease and diabetes. Our meat eating and dairy consumption is a choice or learned behavior, it certainly isn't instinctive.

Our physiology is definitely that of a herbivore. Our closest relatives the great apes are almost exclusively vegetarian, some 2-3% of the chimpanzee diet is from animals and about 60% of that comes from insects. We have herbivore dentition. The length of our gut is long like a herbivore some 10 times longer than our body unlike a carnivore which is 3 times longer. Our jaw opening is limited compared to carnivores who can really open there jaws wider than their heads. We have hands not claws. We sweat, we do not pant like carnivores. Carnivores lap their water, herbivores generally sip their water like we do. Carnivores can generate vitamin C from their bodies, herbivores like us need to have it in our diet. We mix our food with saliva which has lots of enzymes in it, carnivores do not chew their food and there are no digestive enzymes in their saliva. Our stomachs consists of 25% of the volume of our digestive tract like most herbivores, carnivores have larger stomach in relation to their digestive tracts, some 60% of the total volume. The pH of carnivore stomachs is about pH1 compared to ours which is comparable to other herbivores, some pH4. Our livers are not optimised to deal with the retinol vitamin A that comes from animal products. This vitamin A can be harmful to humans in large quantities. However, carotinid vitamin A that is found in plants is completely beneficial to the human body. In fact palaeontologists have discovered that early humans suffered from hypervitaminosis A toxicity because of the meat eating. Also, athersclerosis is the hardening of the arteries with cholesterol. Only hervivores who are fed animal products seem to be affected from this disaese. Carnivores are unaffected by athersclerosis. So it seems we are behavoral omnivores which betrays our herbivore physiology.

As you can see the list of confirmatory evidence that we are herbivore by physiology is extensive, so the next time you hear a meateater defending their carnist diet by pointing to their canines then you will find their ignorance particulary amusing...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-..._b_214390.html
    Last edited by Rheghead; 10-Dec-16 at 18:43.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Very interesting read this time Rheghead.......................But can you explain why humans have been growing in size since our diet included large amounts of fat and dairy? .......Life expectancy has also risen......explanation as to why would be appreciated. I saw in the newsagent that the Express (it would have to be them) now have a headline 'EAT UP, FAT IS GOOD FOR YOU'. I didn't buy the paper, so cant comment on the article.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/fo...ution-of-diet/

Key phrase:
    'Meat played a starring role'

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    http://www.nationalgeographic.com/fo...ution-of-diet/

Key phrase:
    'Meat played a starring role'
    The Palaeo diet is actually a relaunch of the Atkins diet which has been thoroughly debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Very interesting read this time Rheghead.......................But can you explain why humans have been growing in size since our diet included large amounts of fat and dairy? .......Life expectancy has also risen......explanation as to why would be appreciated. I saw in the newsagent that the Express (it would have to be them) now have a headline 'EAT UP, FAT IS GOOD FOR YOU'. I didn't buy the paper, so cant comment on the article.
    First you need to establish if being 'bigger' is a good thing. Are we healthier for being 'bigger'? Also is being 'bigger' due to eating meat and dairy or because of better access to a more varied diet, say more vegetables and fruit? Without references to the article, I can't comment either.

I respectfully suggest that you actually read the national Geographic article as from your reply, you clearly have not done so. I believe you would find it interesting if you do.

This is really alarming. I'm actually one who likes milk and other dairy products and I'm not aware that these can worsen cancer. By the way, I read about a connection between dairy intake and the risk of developing prostate and ovarian cancers. Perhaps, when it is taken too much.

Quote Originally Posted by saywaver View Post
    This is really alarming. I'm actually one who likes milk and other dairy products and I'm not aware that these can worsen cancer. By the way, I read about a connection between dairy intake and the risk of developing prostate and ovarian cancers. Perhaps, when it is taken too much.
    I think you should panic, immediately. We all have.

Quote Originally Posted by saywaver View Post
    I read about a connection between dairy intake and the risk of developing prostate and ovarian cancers.
    have your cheese sarnie and glass of milk safe in the knowledge that you can't catch both.
    W.A.T.P.

in todays age cancer is no longer a monthly item of talk its daily, have lots people I care about been taken, but to be honest I don't care to the point of you got it have to deal with it, if you look back to all the diseases that's been killing mankind for centuries this is just another one. would never wish any harm to a soul. but another point people do care about the disease but are sick of been bombarded with it. TV, Leaflets etc. like Africa, we have been sending money for years through comic relief, still no change, and every year we send more, if this money was used in the UK ie to fight cures fro cancer there would be more scientists and more experiments (NOT ON ANIMALS). Does not seem matter what we eat.
    BE YOURSELF - EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN

About 40 years ago in the U.K., I was told that by a Doctor that milk and cheese contributed to Kidney Stones.
    30 years later this was changed, and now they blame Red Meat......not milk!

Quote Originally Posted by klarke_79 View Post
    in todays age cancer is no longer a monthly item of talk its daily, have lots people I care about been taken, but to be honest I don't care to the point of you got it have to deal with it, if you look back to all the diseases that's been killing mankind for centuries this is just another one. would never wish any harm to a soul. but another point people do care about the disease but are sick of been bombarded with it. TV, Leaflets etc. like Africa, we have been sending money for years through comic relief, still no change, and every year we send more, if this money was used in the UK ie to fight cures fro cancer there would be more scientists and more experiments (NOT ON ANIMALS). Does not seem matter what we eat.
    Exactly, lets take that argument a little further though, what is the point of having medicine or an NHS? We have to go sometime...

Another study that suggests that dairy products are associated with prostate cancer.

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/101/1/87.abstract

High intakes of dairy products, milk, low-fat milk, cheese, and total, dietary, and dairy calcium, but not supplemental or nondairy calcium, may increase total prostate cancer risk.

There are many articles on here that suggest rhegheads post contribute significantly to terminal boredom
    W.A.T.P.

Boring? He's only said the same thing exactly 92 times in this thread.

Actually, even post #1 was slightly boring.

Another study that shows there is a risk of prostate cancer with consumption of dairy products.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17704029

Since i have been researching this topic, there is a huge body of scientific evidence that suggests consuming dairy products substantially increases the risk of getting a whole range of cancers.

Cancer Research UK say the evidence is unclear but then we found out that Tesco, the UK's largest retailer of dairy produce has this charity in its pocketsies by entering the biggest corporate donor arrangement in UK history with CRUK. You couldn't make it up, it is like if British and American Tobacco sponsored a lung cancer charity.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 21-Dec-16 at 00:49.

Recent stats show that Scotland has one of the worst diets in the World, ranking 40 out of 50. And with some of the worst tooth decay......FYI...

This is going to make someone on here's day :-) http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38370057

I'm off to dig a 6ft hole as we are all doomed

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast