Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

I am recovering from stomach cancer, had 2/3rds of my stomach removed, I dont drink milk, I love cheese , like butter, and I love meat , there is no way will I believe dairy products cause cancer, sorry Rheg , you have gone on too long about this, your becoming boring, I understand you have a personal issue with cancer and for that I am sorry. But rheg give this thread a rest
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by pig whisperer View Post
    I said I was addicted not offended I am going to be strong & read no more as you are just repeating the same thing ad nauseam, might be a good time to stop
    Yeah he's milking it now.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    Yeah he's milking it now.
    He will say that's 'udder' rubbish and keep 'pinting' us in the direction of his research. Time to 'teater' off and enjoy my bacon sarnie dripping with butter

I know this thread isn't boring because it receives a lot of attention and trolling comments.

BTW. Here is a epidemiological study that clearly shows that the consumption of dairy and meat products are major risk factors to developing type 2 diabetes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22442749
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

with all these life shortening foodstuffs going around and the amount of them that i have consumed over the last half-century, i reckon i should have died about 30 years ago.....but now seeing as i haven't died, Rheg is trying to kill us all through boredom

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    with all these life shortening foodstuffs going around and the amount of them that i have consumed over the last half-century, i reckon i should have died about 30 years ago.....but now seeing as i haven't died, Rheg is trying to kill us all through boredom
    I have seen a lot of boring threads come and go on caithness.org. They are fairly typical of each other, they feature mundane subjects, have no replies and virtually no informative content. This is the exact opposite, it gets lots of attention and it is full of scientific information on a range of public health issues.

You may want to label it boring to shut it down for your own agenda but 'boring' it certainly isn't.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 26-Nov-16 at 19:24.

i have no agenda nor do i want anyones threads closed. last time i checked, freedom of speech wasn't stifled on the org although there are a few users who would prefer it so. You carry on posting your threads Rheg, just don't expect an answer from me if i do indeed die from boredom.....or cancer....or any other life threatening illness caused by eating or breathing :-)

You seem to be under the illusion that people click on those links. Has the tumour spread to your brain ?

Another scientific epidemiological study in China that shows consumption of meat increases the risk of colon cancer and foods such as fruit and vegetables reduce the risk.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12646508

Quote Originally Posted by his latest link
    and diet may have contributed to the rising incidence
    And we're back to where Rhegheadproblem doesn't know what "may" means.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    And we're back to where Rhegheadproblem doesn't know what "may" means.
    Scientifically speaking, cigarettes may cause lung cancer but government warnings on cigarette packets include the phrase 'Smoking causes fatal lung cancer'. It isn't just me. Eating processed meat like a burger is as bad as smoking cigarettes in terms of risk. Let me not be the ultimate authority on how to use the word 'may', you can go on and think the risk is acceptable, if you want to.

By comparison, scientifically speaking, fossil fuels may be responsible for climate change, but fossil fuels are causing the climate to change. Scientifically speaking, exposure to asbestos may cause asbestosis, but asbestos does cause asbestosis. Vibratiing machinery may cause vibration white finger, but what else would cause vibration white finger?

In essence, there are two distinct uses of 'may', one for science and one for the everyday language, you are confusing the two.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 26-Nov-16 at 22:49.

[QUOTE) but what else would cause vibration white finger?
    [/QUOTE]

I find lying in the bath for too long causes that with me.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Another study showing that eating meat and fats is associated with an increased risk of ovarian cancer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19056595

Another study which shows that eating meat and fats is associated with an increased risk of skin cancer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17490979

Rheghead ... interesting links. I suspect that "greater consumption of fibre" may be one of the main factors in reducing cancer (mentioned in one of the links regarding the Chinese study). China has greatly increased their meat eating since the 1970/80's as well as their intensive (some (I) would call barbaric) intensive farming methods and the very heavy reliance on antibiotic use within this industrial production method. This could be affecting the bacteria relationship within the farmed animals and have a consequent ongoing affect on the humans who consume the meat.

There was an interesting article on the BBC website regarding a possible causal relationship between certain gut bacteria and Parkinson's disease http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38173287 so it may be the same with certain cancers being stimulated by poor / unbalanced diets that are mostly meat based (especially processed meats such as bacon, or from animals that have been heavily treated with antibiotics and growth hormones) that "may" affect the bacteria environment within the stomach and gut.

The combination of heavy antibiotic use (and in the USA growth hormones) within industrial farming methods along with lack of fibre in a persons diet could create the correct environment for certain "bad" bacteria in the stomach/gut that triggers a chemical release that stimulate cancer cells.

Just a guess

R

Quote Originally Posted by richardj View Post
    Rheghead ... interesting links. I suspect that "greater consumption of fibre" may be one of the main factors in reducing cancer (mentioned in one of the links regarding the Chinese study).
    I eat a lot of fibrous meat, so that's quite reassuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    [QUOTE) but what else would cause vibration white finger?

I find lying in the bath for too long causes that with me.
    [/QUOTE]

I read a compensation firm's advert in the Daily Record, which asked whether I had "Worked with a Vibrating Tool in the last 20 years"

I rang them up and asked whether the guy Neil, why was a bit of an alkie, counted?

Turned out I had the wrong end of the stick

I also found this study as part of my ongoing investigations, which was also quite interesting. We associate smoking with lung cancer but this study shows that eating dairy and beef products are also associated with an increased risk of developing lung cancer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25416035

Come on................its FIVE whole days since I last read a study informing me that everything I eat is going to shorten my life............any chance of some reading material to brighten my life just before Christmas??

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I also found this study as part of my ongoing investigations, which was also quite interesting. We associate smoking with lung cancer but this study shows that eating dairy and beef products are also associated with an increased risk of developing lung cancer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25416035
    If you smoke a cheeseburger you are totally Donald ducked
    W.A.T.P.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast