Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    You don't understand what you're posting on here.

Playing Russian roulette increases the risk of death.

Your link says "consumption of eggs may increase risk of developing a lethal form of prostate cancer among healthy men."

Do you not know what "may" means?
    It seems you do not understand what risk and what hazard means.

They are two different things.

Russian roulette is a hazard and there is a risk of death attached to playing Russian Roulette. A big risk of death. But it may only cause death as it is possible play Russian roulette without dying. Russian Roulette may cause death but then it may not but you are at increased risk if you play it. If you play one game of Russian Roulette in your life then you have a 16% risk of dying from a bullet in your head. The risk to developing a fatal cancer from eating animal products throughout your life is not much different.

The 'may' in this context is the uncertainty that refers to an activity which eggeaters are also doing which may cause cancer that the non-eggeaters aren't doing that was not identified or corrected for in the study. You need to find a reason and it may be that the eggeaters are also eating dairy and meat but it may also be that eggeaters enjoy building stuff with egg boxes and painting eggshells with carcinogenic oil paints.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 17-Sep-16 at 14:11.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.