Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

here's a scientific report into Computer Monitors and the link to all sorts of brain issues. I think it's very relevant to this post. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...ages-the-brain

Not sure how reliable the source is!!...but I want to believe it

It wasn’t worth it, says 103-year-old vegetarian

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/h...20151027103301
    Last edited by Goodfellers; 24-Feb-17 at 12:43.

A common theme that runs through people who are resistant to adopting a plant-based diet is that they quote that their freedom to choose what to eat is being infringed.

I am 100% in favor to have the freedom to choose what we want to eat. The World would be a very draconian place indeed if the State imposed restrictions on our freedoms especially in our food choices.

But with Freedoms comes Responsibilities, hand-in-hand.

In the same way that we all cherish our freedom to express ourselves, we also have a responsibility to make sure that Freedom to express ourselves doesn't extend to having the freedom to express racist slurs, incites to violence, phrases to defraud others etc etc. I feel the way about the freedom to choose what we want to eat. Our choices should not involve violence towards animals, serious damage to the environment and certainly should not include misleading or fraudulent claims about our health.

I also want the freedom to enjoy a world which is rich in biodiversity. I want the freedom to choose a wide range of foods in a restaurant without having to eat something that involves the killing of another sentient being. I also want the freedom to choose foods that nourish well and provide worthwhile jobs for the farmers.

Freedom to eat animals to the detriment of your health, the environment and animal welfare is not a freedom. Eating animals and their secretions is slavery for the human race as it locks us into a Cycle of Violence to other animals. It also denies us a multiple of other food choices on a grand scale. Due to the Inclosure Acts which require us to enclose animals into discrete parcels of land, the consequences of meat eating has denied us free access across the United Kingdom and has pushed wildlife to eak out an existence in the fringes of the hedgerow.

Eating meat also locks us into a cycle of dependency on powerful meat and dairy lobbies who feed us unhealthy food and unreliable information about the impact of their products on our health and our pocket.

I want more for my fellow humans that animal foods cannot provide, I want them to be free of the constraints that keep them in bad health, a poor degraded environment and their Cruelty to others that share our planet.

Going vegan is Freedom, it frees us from worrying about foxes, badgers, bird flu, bovine TB, land enclosure, farming subsidies, and animal cruelty.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

No such thing as a Vegan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No-Such-Thing-As-A-Vegan.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	31579  
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    No such thing as a Vegan
    It seems you do not understand what a vegan is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    It seems you do not understand what a vegan is.
    Nobody understands their madness.

An interesting article that explains how dairy products like cheese are so hard to give up, because in the milk there is actually an opiate like protein called casein that works on the brain which keeps us hooked on the stuff.

The cheese is the one in charge of our thoughts, not us.

"A cup of milk contains about 7.7 grams of protein, 80 percent of which is casein, more or less. Turning it into Cheddar cheese multiplies the protein count seven-fold, to 56 grams. It is the most concentrated form of casein in any food in the grocery store.

Call it dairy crack."
    http://nhpr.org/post/doctors-book-pr...crack#stream/0

An interesting article that explains how dairy products like cheese are so hard to give up, because in the milk there is actually an opiate like protein called casein that works on the brain which keeps us hooked on the stuff.

The cheese is the one in charge of our thoughts, not us.

http://nhpr.org/post/doctors-book-pr...crack#stream/0
    Hmmm, so cheese is now a legal high, must stock up before it gets made illegal.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Cheese is a drug..........That's crackers

I'm wasted on here

Quote Originally Posted by Alrock View Post
    Hmmm, so cheese is now a legal high, must stock up before it gets made illegal.
    I've been smoking Cheese for years. The taste is excellent but the melting fat plays havoc with your reefers.

CRACK-er Barrel is the most addictive one, so go easy with that brand.

Eating cheese is associated with a high risk of developing breast cancer while yoghurt reduces risk. This seems to be conducive with higher levels of oestrogen in the fat layer of milk having an effect on developing breast cancer.

http://cdn.nutrition.org/content/ear...cdn.117.000422

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellers View Post
    Cheese is a drug..........That's crackers

I'm wasted on here

If you keep smoking Cheese, you'll be wasted all right.

The Dairy industry is appalled about high profile campaigns against animal cruelty in the media. They don't deny the reports though.

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/...iling-industry

The Dairy industry is appalled about high profile campaigns against animal cruelty in the media. They don't deny the reports though.

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/...iling-industry
    I like this part of the report........................

However, it is important to note that the Go Vegan World campaign is not about ruining livelihoods. According to campaign director Sandra Higgins, farmers should not to feel threatened as we would need them "more than ever" in a vegan world.

How does this fit in with your hatred of farmers? It seems all farmers irk you, cereal farmers destroy hedges/biodiversity and we are all fully aware of your views on livestock farming.

You need to all sing from the same hymn sheet before you go posting conflicting ideas.

I like this part of the report........................

However, it is important to note that the Go Vegan World campaign is not about ruining livelihoods. According to campaign director Sandra Higgins, farmers should not to feel threatened as we would need them "more than ever" in a vegan world.

How does this fit in with your hatred of farmers? It seems all farmers irk you, cereal farmers destroy hedges/biodiversity and we are all fully aware of your views on livestock farming.

You need to all sing from the same hymn sheet before you go posting conflicting ideas.
    Absolutely I agree with those findings.

I do not hate farmers, I love farmers, my food was grown by farmers.

Please take the advice of the report and do not feel threatened by the reduced demand for animal products. Only consumers will change your behavior and attitudes though. Although the opposition to my posts has largely been led from people within the farming community, my posts are not directed at them, they are directed at the people who quietly read and take in the content of my posts. When you come back to rebuke me then you just make yourself look silly as I am not doing this to change your attitude, it is all about changing consumers attitudes, about being aspirational for better food choices on the basis of better health, environment and ethics. It is not about winning an argument with you, I am just about providing the best information to make those choices. You lose it yourself every time you come back with an impolite and aggressive rebuke.

I accept that you can feel threatened by a less demand of animals productsthough, but it is a feeling born out of a lack of understanding. Animal livestock farming has been a way of life for many, it has become traditional and a good source of income. You will appreciate that we have been conditioned to appreciate farmers ever since our mothers sang Old MacDonald's farm to us in our crib. But things cannot stay the same. People are now demanding food choices that are better for our health, they are demanding food choices that are better for the environment and people are demanding food choices that are not dependent on the industrialised cruelty towards animals. I find those demands fairly reasonable. Do you? I think farmers are our answer to providing food choices that satisfy those demands. For example, I think there is a huge opportunity for local farmers to market a local oat milk and have a Caithness branding to it. It is a growing market and will surpass the thirst for cows milk which is in decline.

Already 30% of the Earth's surface is given over to animal livestock grazing which causes damage to biodiversity with 7 billion souls on the planet, what happens when there is 12 billion soulson the planet demanding milk and meat? Do we just shrug our shoulders and lament the squeezing out of the wild animals from the planet and convince ourselves that nothing could be done for them?

Food choices have got to be influenced by more than just what we like to taste. Our choices have to be influenced by wider concerns.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 05-Mar-17 at 13:37.

Default 2050 nearly twice as much meat will be produced as today

Views on this anyone?

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5443

I would also like to point out I am retired from farming. I am now a man of leisure so no longer benefit financially from looking after livestock that was RSPCA freedom food approved, Lion code approved and DEFRA approved as well as having the highest hygiene rating.

Rheghead..you still haven't explained how the UK is going to feed nearly 70 million people on a vegetarian diet. Or do you propose a cull of the population somehow? I would be interested to see some sensible proposals.

If you are so concerned about the world, why are you posting all this amazing research on a 'local' forum? Your audience on here is pretty limited and I haven't seen many posters supporting you. Are you informing the wider population on a different board?

Views on this anyone?

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5443

I would also like to point out I am retired from farming. I am now a man of leisure so no longer benefit financially from looking after livestock that was RSPCA freedom food approved, Lion code approved and DEFRA approved as well as having the highest hygiene rating.

Rheghead..you still haven't explained how the UK is going to feed nearly 70 million people on a vegetarian diet. Or do you propose a cull of the population somehow? I would be interested to see some sensible proposals.

If you are so concerned about the world, why are you posting all this amazing research on a 'local' forum? Your audience on here is pretty limited and I haven't seen many posters supporting you. Are you informing the wider population on a different board?
    Firstly, in attempt to seek common ground for discussion, do you agree that it is reasonable that people should be demanding food choices that are better for their health, the environment and animal welfare? And do you see that a reduced meat and dairy intake as part of that solution?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 05-Mar-17 at 12:46.

Eating cheese is associated with a high risk of developing breast cancer while yoghurt reduces risk. This seems to be conducive with higher levels of oestrogen in the fat layer of milk having an effect on developing breast cancer.

http://cdn.nutrition.org/content/ear...cdn.117.000422

That would be ironic. Dairy products being bad for the breasts.

Please refrain from feeding the troll folks
    W.A.T.P.

Firstly, in attempt to seek common ground for discussion, do you agree that it is reasonable that people should be demanding food choices that are better for their health, the environment and animal welfare? And do you see that a reduced meat and dairy intake as part of that solution?
    As we live in a democratic country, everyone, including vegetarians, should be free to eat what ever they want. Almost everyone is aware of the risks associated with eating various foods. As I mentioned in an earlier post some very intelligent people choose to smoke. Why?

The difference between you and I, is that I am happy for you to eat vegetables, I will not try to dissuade you. on the other hand, you are never going to give up trying to make meat/dairy eaters feel somehow inferior.

As this is a democratic forum you are free to keep posting your findings. Good luck with the crusade but I do think you need to widen your horizons and post on UK wide boards as you do not seem to have won many fans here. Accepted some may read and not comment, but as I said earlier, there doesn't seem to be much vocal support for your views.

I will always believe that if animals are raised and slaughtered in a humane/compassionate way then there is nothing wrong with that. From my experience, animals have no idea they are going to slaughter. Have you noticed, as a general rule, we as humans only eat 'prey' animals, not the 'hunter' animals. just an observation.