Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Dairy products are causing cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    Oh- and the protective measures are for the mother and not for the baby.
    I think it is a wonder that mammals (including your beloved herbivores) have survived at all given what, according to you, their poor benighted mothers are feeding them on. A wonder too that new born baby mammals suckle with such obvious relish when they are receiving something that, in your take on things, is so utterly putrid.
    Goodness, it's enough to make anyone reach for a latte!
    An animal who suckles its mother is a natural process. We are the only animal that drinks the milk of another animal. That is not natural. Dairy milk is baby bovine growth food. It isn't supposed to be for humans. It is designed to get a 90kg calf to 500kg in 18 months. That is probably why we have so many health problems with dairy.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    An animal who suckles its mother is a natural process. We are the only animal that drinks the milk of another animal.
    How do you know?

That is not natural.
    Says who (and so what)?

That is probably why we have so many health problems with dairy.
    In your non-expert opinion.

es and they are absolutely wonderful when roasted with salt, olive oil and garlic until the outer leaves go black. They are so sweet and delicious that I often have them as a snack on their own.
    Red Flag alert! Eating charred sprouts that are black on the outside? Hmm, dodgy! I would not risk it. Don't you know that eating charred food has allegedly been said to be carcinogenic, (or have they changed their minds on that one now, I cannae mind)? No more going outside to scrape the black off the toast either- (well, it makes such a mess if you do it in the kitchen, doesn't it)?
    Better just boil the sprouts from now on- everso much safer. You don't want to be raising your cancer risk by a point zero, zero zero zero zer........percent, now do you.
    Eating any sprouts is robbing a cabbage of its young.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    In your non-expert opinion.
    I've posted countless scientific studies that suggest dairy consumption increases the risk of getting cancer. I have not really started on the studies that suggest dairy consumption increases risk of developing diabetes, obesity and a heart attack. I guess you are not interested in the science, if so then why do you keep posting hostile comments on this thread?

Are you against a healthy diet for yourself or you don't want others to have a healthy diet?
    Last edited by Rheghead; 12-Jan-17 at 17:33.

I guess you are not interested in the science, if so then why do you keep posting hostile comments on this thread?
    I don't get my science from forum cranks. I am hostile to your thread because it is a very repetitive partisan protest. It is having a deleterous effect on the forum.

I don't get my science from forum cranks. I am hostile to your thread because it is a very repetitive partisan protest. It is having a deleterous effect on the forum.
    If you do not like the content then move on. You are only encouraging me to publish more studies.

You didn't answer my question, Are you against a healthy diet for yourself or you don't want others to have a healthy diet?

tisan protest. It is having a deleterous effect on the forum.
    I'd say that when you post silly little comments on a science thread which is about a healthy diet and lifestyle then it makes you look as if the quality of your character is a little wanting but who am I to say, I am no expert.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 12-Jan-17 at 20:17.

We are the only animal that drinks the milk of another animal.
    try telling that to my pussy tiddles, she loves a saucer of the old milkies
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    try telling that to my pussy tiddles, she loves a saucer of the old milkies
    Tha ti s not the same thing is it? You gave tiddles the milk. Tad straying from a valid point don't you think?

And still the health problems can be seen there as well. Milk shouldn't be given to cats, I understand it causes premature kidney problems for them. Water is more suitable.

Eating dairy is predicted to increase in the east because the desire to eat those products. How many cases could be reduced if they kept to a vegan diet because animal derived calcium seems to increase the risk of ostoeporosis.
    hi,

actually from the same article:

When these incidence rates were compared with that from 30 years ago, the authors concluded that the incidence of hip fracture in the Japanese population is increasing. This increasing incidence is due to the increase in the population of the elderly in Japan over the last three decades.
    Rates are higher in Scandinavia than in Western Europe and Oceania. A north-south gradient in age-standardized risk is found in Europe and US, with higher rates in north. The age-adjusted increase in incidence that has been observed in several countries over the last 50 years appears to have levelled off in some of these countries, especially in Europe and the US.

Tha ti s not the same thing is it? You gave tiddles the milk. Tad straying from a valid point don't you think?

And still the health problems can be seen there as well. Milk shouldn't be given to cats, I understand it causes premature kidney problems for them. Water is more suitable.
    you said we are the only animals that drink the milk of another animal, that is factually incorrect isn't it.
    if given cows milk many other animals will drink it, it's just their wee paws cannae open a carton that's holding them back
    W.A.T.P.

An animal who suckles its mother is a natural process. We are the only animal that drinks the milk of another animal. That is not natural. Dairy milk is baby bovine growth food. It isn't supposed to be for humans. It is designed to get a 90kg calf to 500kg in 18 months. That is probably why we have so many health problems with dairy.
    Are we? Have you heard about bovine TB. Our esteemed Westminster govt put the spread down to badgers taking milk (sorry.....cow puss) directly from the udder, or are these scientific studies to be ignored?

Who are the 'we'? Speak for yourself. If only you would! I don't have any problems at all with dairy and am slim, very fit, active and healthy.

You didn't answer my question,
    That's right. I care not a fig for your question.

If you do not like the content then move on. You are only encouraging me to publish more studies.
    By the 276 posts stage, you have either made your point, or failed to do so. Talk about something else.

There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness.

An animal who suckles its mother is a natural process. We are the only animal that drinks the milk of another animal.
    I beg to differ.
    https://www.facebook.com/whatweseee/...c_ref=NEWSFEED
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Milkins View Post
    Ha Ha nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Howie View Post
    hi,

actually from the same article:
    Avoids the point. how many incidences could be avoided if they kept dairy out of their diet?

Who are the 'we'? Speak for yourself. If only you would! I don't have any problems at all with dairy and am slim, very fit, active and healthy.
    Yes, for now...