Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our NHS

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    Incidently GERS figures are based on a W Min. run economy not a Scottish based one. Also did you know for example whisky produced in Scotland but SHIPPED abroad from an English port is deemed to be an English product for the purposes of such figures. Wake up.
    One word...OIL ? Not Scotlands fault that prices have fallen and the industry is on its knees but it is, hence indy 1 financial case destroyed and indy2 financial case isnt there hence no immediate indy 2 vote. If the economy was strong sturgeon would be serious about indy 2 not back peddling.

Incidently GERS figures are based on a W Min. run economy not a Scottish based one. Also did you know for example whisky produced in Scotland but SHIPPED abroad from an English port is deemed to be an English product for the purposes of such figures. Wake up.
    There will 100% not be an indy 2, so wake u, your stuck with rUK unless you resort to a violent uprising and fight for independence...but somehow cant see that can you ?

Rob, you and me both are being conned by the British establishment for it's own selfish interest. If you don't or can't believe that then why oh why are they so so keen to hold on to us. We are a big asset to a UK. or maybe they list love us or want to keep trident. Good bye.

Rob, you and me both are being conned by the British establishment for it's own selfish interest. If you don't or can't believe that then why oh why are they so so keen to hold on to us. We are a big asset to a UK. or maybe they list love us or want to keep trident. Good bye.
    Cos 55% of UK citizens voted to stay UK citizens thats why, and Id bet the vast majority of english folk would be glad to see the back of us after all the noise and shouting / grievance politics by the SNP. The cons being perpetrated by the SNP are a lot larger than the rUK con merchants, how can a country argue for independence only to hand it right back over to unelected EU bureaucrats and the EU central bank ( dominated by Germany ) where is the sense in that ????

Our own seat at Europe's top table, not represented by some uninterested south of the border MP and 100% use of the single market which we will lose if we are stuck with our southern neighbours

Yougov latest: "Support for the union is buttressed by the fact that 43% of those who voted to Remain in the EU last month want Scotland to stay in the UK after Brexit.

The results are mirrored when Scots were asked about access to the single market. Here, 40% would rather Scotland remained in a United Kingdom that lost access to the single market compared to 34% who would prefer to leave the UK and retain access to the single market. Inevitably, some will suggest that the high-water mark of Scottish independence has now passed, especially as it was thought that leaving the EU might persuade “No” voters to change their minds and vote against the union"
    Not looking good piratelassie, maybe it's YOU that should join US!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Golach if you think Scotland is broken I'd like your opinion on Britain
    It's only cracked.

Our own seat at Europe's top table, not represented by some uninterested south of the border MP and 100% use of the single market which we will lose if we are stuck with our southern neighbours
    Excuse me, we have SCOTTISH MEPS's who represent us and do you honestly think the EU / European Central Bank will, given current deficits, cut Scotland some slack...wise up the European Central Bank call the important shots over finances all else is window dressing

I could post numbers and figures too, it's who's you choose to post,and hell would freeze over before I'd join your lot, the 3 too's as people of your mind set known.

Known by whom? It seems to me that you are the only one who ever says this and it's not something I've heard in common parlance! However, please do post the numbers and figures for us all to see.

I could post numbers and figures too, it's who's you choose to post,and hell would freeze over before I'd join your lot, the 3 too's as people of your mind set known.
    What do you mean ? no one is asking you to join anything, and what figures are you on about, whats the 3 too's ? I know nowt is going to change, no indy2, no EU absolutely nowt as Sturgeon wont chance anything less than a guaranteed 60% and she's miles of that, live with it as you seem very bitter that your not getting your own way.

Did we or did we not vote on independence and the people voted no 55% an almost 10% majority ? Respect the democratic process no means no.

Well there is a precedent for a small, romantic country, surrounded by hundreds of islands, perched on the extremity of Europe, with a stganat ecoomy and high levels of public spending seeking membership of the EU: Greece.

Did you know that 90% of Scotch Whisky brands are all foreign owned , predominantly Japanese , so guess where the profits go?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Did you know that 90% of Scotch Whisky brands are all foreign owned , predominantly Japanese , so guess where the profits go?
    Do you ever suspect that Piratelassie does their profits no harm at all?

Latest MORI Poll: "The Scottish Conservative leader's net satisfaction sits at +31, 17 points ahead of the First Minister on +14. The Prime Minister finds herself out in front of the SNP chief too, leading Sturgeon by two points on net satisfaction, at +16." 'South of the border' shows Mrs May is even more popular! Good grief! is that really Ruth who's 17 (SEVENTEEN) points ahead of Nicola? YEP.. Oh dear, oh dear...
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    NHS Scotland has been in the control of the SNP for a long time, maybe that's why it's broken, what has Westminster got to do with it ?
    Looks like the eye is still off the ball....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020...cord-high/amp/

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till its gone". Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi.

The other day I saw some comments from NHS Scotland workers talking about their experiences. The most common issue raised and the one they said had the largest impact upon their job satisfaction and general well-being was the NHS constantly being talked down; described as being in crisis or being broken.

They found it utterly dispiriting to find that their efforts not only went unrecognised but were constantly undermined by the MSM trying to make political points by turning every issue, however small, that they can find into a crisis.

We are extraordinarily lucky to have NHS Scotland looking after us. It is easily the best performing NHS out of the 4. I'm afraid anyone who says otherwise is just being deliberately mischievous. I wonder why!!

Maybe with their new found extra time, they could do something about the state of health services in Scotland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...itics-51378669

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12