Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our NHS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Our NHS

Give the Tory gov. enough time the NHS is finished. This is not scare mongering it is obvious. If we want to save OUR NHS then we MUST separate from London rule and finance our own,--------or we too wee, too poor and too stupid. If you think we are, then your in denial.

NHS Scotland has been under control of the Scottish Gubiement for at least the past 10 years so what has London rule got to do with it ?.

NHS Scotland has been in the control of the SNP for a long time, maybe that's why it's broken, what has Westminster got to do with it ?
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    NHS Scotland has been in the control of the SNP for a long time, maybe that's why it's broken, what has Westminster got to do with it ?
    Looks like the eye is still off the ball....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020...cord-high/amp/

"Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got till its gone". Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi.

The other day I saw some comments from NHS Scotland workers talking about their experiences. The most common issue raised and the one they said had the largest impact upon their job satisfaction and general well-being was the NHS constantly being talked down; described as being in crisis or being broken.

They found it utterly dispiriting to find that their efforts not only went unrecognised but were constantly undermined by the MSM trying to make political points by turning every issue, however small, that they can find into a crisis.

We are extraordinarily lucky to have NHS Scotland looking after us. It is easily the best performing NHS out of the 4. I'm afraid anyone who says otherwise is just being deliberately mischievous. I wonder why!!

Health is devolved and spending is controlled by the Scottish Government (not the SNP get it right) but the amount that can be spent is decided by the Barnet formula which in turn is decided by Westminster. Why would anybody be happy to let someone else decide how your finances are spent unless you don't trust yourself.

The SNP are the Scottish Government at the moment, so it's all up to them, they broke the Scottish Health service, and Education, and the Police, not to mention the Fire Service, all under their control, they have the money, get them to spend it properly, and not £60 million on a stupid "Named Person" scheme that has been deemed ileagal by the Supreme Court.
    Last edited by golach; 12-Sep-16 at 21:44.

Yes, I agree, health is completely devolved and now, the SNP are carrying out this so called 'consultation' on Indie 2 and both that and any future referendum will cost an enormous amount of money which should be being spent on public services.
    When will the Scottish Government actually take responsibility for running Scotland and its economy?

You people know very well the SNP gov. are doing a very good job of governing Scotland, the votes cast prove their popularity. You may not agree with what they are doing but just slagging them is counterproductive. Come and join us.

It is not slagging them off; it is raising valid areas of concern which, to quote your words back 'you may not agree with what they are doing'.....No, as it happens, I don't.

I gave up attempting to fathom "piratelassie" a while back and concluded it does not matter how many times she is proven wrong she comes back with yet another piece of verbal written rubbish, try and ignore her and she will get the message eventually, I hope.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    You people know very well the SNP gov. are doing a very good job of governing Scotland, the votes cast prove their popularity. You may not agree with what they are doing but just slagging them is counterproductive. Come and join us.
    "A very good job"??? this came out just 7 hours ago (two hours before you wrote your comment - did you miss it?"

"Some public services in Scotland could be facing budget cuts of almost a fifth over the next four years, according to a study by economic forecasters. The Fraser of Allander Institute said its "worst case scenario" was a £1.6bn cut - 6% - to the Scottish government's overall budget by 2020/21. Even under more optimistic scenarios, the Scottish budget is still projected to fall in real terms.

The institute also predicted the grant given to councils could be cut by £1bn.And it warned that cuts to local services were likely to become increasingly apparent in the years ahead unless there was "radical reform". Full story in link!!!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...iness-37347990
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Oh Dear "Retail sales in Scotland fell again last month with non-food sales dropping 3.7% compared with August 2015, according to monthly figures.Clothing and footwear sales were "sluggish", despite average weather and back to school purchases, the Scottish Retail Consortium (SRC) and KPMG said."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...iness-37354549

Radical reform is drastically required but it won,t come from WMin. The cuts are being imposed BECAUSE of WMin. What part of that do you lot not understand, give me strength. Tonkatojo you have your say, I,ll have mine.

Anyone, please what planet is this one on?

Radical reform is drastically required but it won,t come from WMin. The cuts are being imposed BECAUSE of WMin. What part of that do you lot not understand, give me strength. Tonkatojo you have your say, I,ll have mine.
    But piratelassie get your facts right, the SNP has broken Scotland, can you not see that?

Golach if you think Scotland is broken I'd like your opinion on Britain

Ok your assuming an indy scotland would be able to finance an adequate NHS, so you tell us how this is going to happen, given GER figures and a flat lining economy, never mind the fact that you dont know what "austerity" measures would be imposed on an indy EU member state ( Scotland ) by the European Central bank who would be defact rulers of Scotland and can over rule any governments programmes.............just look at Greece. In any case save your breath, there will be no indy 2, things are to tight to call and Ms Sturgeon is ultra cautious unlike the gambling Salmon, she knows if she is allowed to hold one and fails, indy is off the agenda, possibly for ever.

I think Great Britain are doing very well at the Olympics and the Paralymics, Well done Team GB

It's only cracked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast