Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ditch the Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Your quite correct, there are a lot of poorly educated folk around.
    You are so right about the poor education, it's falling apart up here, and who has control of education .....oh aye the SNP government 😱😱😱😱
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    If the UK had never been created there would not have been an empire to be ashamed of.
    Yet another duh utterance I think?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    I don't know, but it wouldn't be the 1802 Union Jack.
    Thanks for the information

Oh well the following will have to 'ditch their flag: New Zealand, Tuvalu, Cook Islands, Fiji, Queensland, British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba, Newfoundland & Labrador, British Indian Ocean Territory, Bermuda, Falkland Islands, Niue, Taunton Massachusetts, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Coquimbo Chile, Cook Islands, Hawaii, red ensigns.. this goes on and on and on,
    Last edited by bekisman; 01-Sep-16 at 07:10.

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Oh well the following will have to 'ditch their flag: New Zealand, Tuvalu, Cook Islands, Fiji, Queensland, British Columbia, Ontario, Manitoba, Newfoundland & Labrador, British Indian Ocean Territory, Bermuda, Falkland Islands, Niue, Taunton Massachusetts, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Coquimbo Chile, Cook Islands, Hawaii, red ensigns Canadian Red Ensign.. this goes on and on and on,
    Canada ditched the Red Ensign in 1961

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Canada ditched the Red Ensign in 1961
    I bow to your maritime knowledge golah.. this thread was SO silly had not checked in any depth...

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    I bow to your maritime knowledge golah.. this thread was SO silly had not checked in any depth...
    Sorry Bekisman , I made a typo, it was 1965 that the Canadians ditched the Red Ensign.

Empire building is a fact of life, that does not in any way justify it. And yes France, Portugal,Germany, Spain etc. etc. have nothing to be proud of either. So I will not be associating myself with the Butchers Apron. Empire building is vile.

You could associate with the Caithness Flag piratelassie, it's that new it doesn't have any history to it?

Empire building is a fact of life, that does not in any way justify it. And yes France, Portugal,Germany, Spain etc. etc. have nothing to be proud of either. So I will not be associating myself with the Butchers Apron. Empire building is vile.
    Better ditch the Scottish flag too. That Darien scheme was blatant empire building.

Better ditch the Scottish flag too. That Darien scheme was blatant empire building.
    You mean this one: "The failure of the Darien colonisation project has been cited as one of the motivations for the 1707 Acts of Union. According to this argument, the Scottish establishment considered that their best chance of being part of a major power would be to share the benefits of England's international trade and the growth of the English overseas possessions, so its future would have to lie in unity with England. So stop whinging piratelassie YOU asked to join England, NOT the other way around!

You forgot to mention the Netherlands, if empire building is "vile" what about c21 empire building, what do you think the good ol US of A is doing, and China / India and for years Japan, the essence of capitalism is building and protecting "trade" empires. The only way to get away from this is to become 100% self sufficient and live on an uninhabited island otherwise your just another hypocrite in a world of hypocrisy

If only that was possible.

If only that was possible.There's Stroma!

Quote Originally Posted by Fulmar View Post
    If only that was possible.There's Stroma!
    It belongs to someone. You'd have to wage a small imperial war, to take it over.

Or buy it, obviously.

If only that was possible.
    It is, find some where, go and form a commune, live a free life, if you can do without your creature comforts, in any capitalist system ( which you live in now and will do if you get your Scottish independence ) we are all hypocrites in a world of hypocrisy, we all indulge in exploitation, its at the heart of the capitalist system, you cannot escape from it. Flags are but mere symbols

It belongs to someone. You'd have to wage a small imperial war, to take it over.

Or buy it, obviously.
    Or move on and declare UDI and live happy ever after, good luck.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    It is, find some where, go and form a commune, live a free life.
    Easier said than done...

You'll find that all land is owned by someone so you would need to buy the land & then declare yourself as an independent state, something I can't see the powers that be allowing, so you would still have to live under their laws & pay any taxes they see fit to impose on you.
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

It's still known world wide as the butchers apron. I don't know of any other national flag with that reputation.

It's still known world wide as the butchers apron. I don't know of any other national flag with that reputation.
    Our National Flag is only known as that by the 45% losers, sour grapes 😂😂😂

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast