Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Plants for Sale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Plants for Sale

Some new shrubs and herbaceous perennials ready now, and still a good selection of herbs. Aucuba japonica looking good, and some lovely new Rosemary plants at £1.50. Open this Sunday and every Sunday, other times by arrangement. If you haven't been before, herewith directions.

From Castletown, take the Groats road. Just outside Castletown, after the old mill, take the first and only public road right. Unsigned, heads to Greenland and Lyth. I'm the first house on the right up that road, white cottage on the roadside. For more info, pm me or phone 01847821575. Mike.
    There are neither rights nor wrongs in gardening. Only experiences.

Thanks to those who came last Sunday. It is a pleasure to discuss plants with both those who know plants, and those starting out. I am not the only one growing and selling locally on a small scale. I urge you to check out the others. We are not in competition with each other. We compliment each other, and we all encourage buying locally grown plants.

Just started lifting bare-root shrubs. Hardy Fuchsia in abundance, strong, well-rooted plants. Also Buddleja and various Sambucus (gold, variegated). Many more, will post full list once I've lifted and sorted. Always here for plant sales on a Sunday, other times by arrangement, message me or phone 01847821575. Still a good selection of pot grown shrubs, herbs and herbaceous perennials. Give someone a plant for Christmas - a plant will last longer than chocolates!!

Bare root shrubs now available. Lots of Hardy Fuchsias, plus smaller numbers of Laurel, Dogwood (Common and Variegated), Honeysuckle, Golden Elder, Flowering Currant, Buddleja, Blackthorn and more - £1.00 each.

Also a good selection of pot grown shrubs, herbs and perennials.

Open every Sunday 10am - dusk, other times by arrangement.

Directions at top of this thread.

is it the right time to plant these shrubs?

Absolutely. Bare root shrubs and trees should be lifted and planted in the dormant season, ie from when the leaves drop until the new leaves begin to bud out. Any time during the winter months is good, so long as there is no frost in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    is it the right time to plant these shrubs?
    Don't try it if the ground is waterlogged or frozen - bad idea!

Were abouts are you please, would like to call round tomorrow if thars ok.

Directions posted at top of thread, but it's a long thread now.

From Castletown, take the Groats road. Just outside Castletown, take the first and only public road right, just after the old mill. Road is unsigned apart from a cycle trail marker, heads for Greenland and Lyth. I am the first house on the right, bang on the roadside. Bayview Cottage, just before Thurdistoft farm. And you will be very welcome. Mike. Any problems, phone 01847821575 or 07784638417, but if I'm in the garden both will take you to voicemail!