Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Alexander Sutherland, born 1811 in Caithness

Default Alexander Sutherland, born 1811 in Caithness

Hello,
    Is there anyone living in Caithness who is related to Alexander Sutherland, born 1811, son of John Sutherland and Esther Sutherland. I am researching my Sutherland ancestry and having difficulty finding information on them (so many Alexander Sutherland's). Would greatly appreciate any information on his parents and/or siblings.
    Thank you,
    L. Sutherland

Alexander married Catherene Henderson who was one of my relatives.

I do not live in Caithness but hope to visit in September.

Regards

George

Thank you for the information, hope you enjoy your trip to Caithness.
    Best Regards,
    L. Sutherland

Catherene was my great grandaunt and had nine children with Alexander. Which one was your ancestor?

Regards

George

I am related through their son Alexander Sutherland and Margaret Wilson, and then my great grandfather David Sutherland who married Christina Paris. Do you know where Alexander Sutherland and Catherine Henderson are buried?
    Regards,
    Laurie

Hello Laurie

Alexander died at Todhols which is about midway between Thurso and Halkirk. Catherine died at Durness St Thurso. My Guess would be Thursu but costs may have had a bearing.

Would you like to exchange information?

Regards

Geoge