Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: Grove Bar

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The last house
    Posts
    2,785

    Default Grove Bar

    Terry Clark, a well known English Americana singer/song writer is playing in the Grove from six to ten on Friday 1st June and lunchtime Sunday. On Friday he will be backed by J.Fats and on Sunday by Fats and Isaac. Hope to see a few of you there.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

  2. #2

    Default

    A nice guy and a great musician - Caithness are lucky to have him for a night. Hope all goes well and that y'all get a good, healthy turnout.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lerwick, Shetland
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    I cannot be there either. But I want to offer my support. Please say hello to Terry for me.

    I encourage the forum readers who live in Caithness to take in the events. The sound is great and the performers generate a special atmosphere just because of the love they have for the music.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house wi lights, but it is a light house
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Terry Clark, a well known English Americana singer/song writer is playing in the Grove from six to ten on Friday 1st June and lunchtime Sunday. On Friday he will be backed by J.Fats and on Sunday by Fats and Isaac. Hope to see a few of you there.
    KEEEErection ol' chap

    Sunday gig is 6pm kick off

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lerwick, Shetland
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Pepsi Challenge View Post
    A nice guy and a great musician - Caithness are lucky to have him for a night. Hope all goes well and that y'all get a good, healthy turnout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    KEEEErection ol' chap

    Sunday gig is 6pm kick off
    Colin has re-instated the number of posts. Yeah!

    TPC - I see that you have become an 1K Orger - good on you!

    Cjnr - I see that you are almost there - great!

    G2 - will you get a star when you get to 2000?


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The last house
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    G2 - will you get a star when you get to 2000?
    At the rate I post these days it will be a long time before I reach 2K.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lerwick, Shetland
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    At the rate I post these days it will be a long time before I reach 2K.
    Well then we must work to fill the world with light.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Between Thurso and Wick
    Posts
    660

    Default

    A very enjoyable night. At least one new fan. Thanks

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    At the rate I post these days it will be a long time before I reach 2K.
    You always were behind the times. The Millennium passed seven and a half years ago.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The last house
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    You always were behind the times. The Millennium passed seven and a half years ago.
    Are you real?
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Are you real?
    Let's party like it's 1999.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house wi lights, but it is a light house
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Let's party like it's 1999.
    definately not real

    BTW Terry's back on tonight from 6pm..........in "da groove bar"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lerwick, Shetland
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Let's party like it's 1999.
    Oh, to have back one night from 1999, any night would do.

    But wishing cannot change history, so live today to its fullest and enjoy Terry's gig.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The last house
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Oh, to have back one night from 1999, any night would do.

    But wishing cannot change history, so live today to its fullest and enjoy Terry's gig.
    Well said!!!!
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    Are you real?
    More real than you'll ever be

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    in a house wi lights, but it is a light house
    Posts
    1,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    More real than you'll ever be
    hahahahahahaha

    says the illusion.....which begs the question are you real?????? or do you spend your time (like me) just wishing you played lead guitar in Duress

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lerwick, Shetland
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    hahahahahahaha

    says the illusion.....which begs the question are you real?????? or do you spend your time (like me) just wishing you played lead guitar in Duress
    You guys have even me wishing that I played lead guitar in Duress.

    So, how was tonight's event?


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chobbersjnr View Post
    hahahahahahaha

    says the illusion.....which begs the question are you real?????? or do you spend your time (like me) just wishing you played lead guitar in Duress
    I am not real... I am indeed, unreal, thanks for asking

    Wishing to play guitar in a cover band? If I wanted to do that, surely I'd join the cover machine that is... the J.Fats band?

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    Wishing to play guitar in a cover band?
    Yip, Duress are still a cover band in a sense. By that I mean we are covering the material that Bones has composed, so we're always going to be a cover band!

    Hopefully going to be playing some of Bones' material at the Big Gig along with some new covers!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The last house
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    Hopefully going to be playing some of Bones' material at the Big Gig along with some new covers!
    Nowt wrong with covers Moncur. J Fats band have been known recently to have played in public for more than eight hours. About a half of that performance was original and I always get requests for my own songs more than for covers. I play to please my audience not my ego. I wonder how many of the so-called original bands locally can play more than one set of original material. We have about 80 originals which we play as and if the occasion warrants it.
    So, keep on playing covers of Bones's songs as you seem to be getting a fair number of gigs which is more than can be said for the four gigs a year bands.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •