Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Windows 7 or Windows 10?

Default Windows 7 or Windows 10?

My laptop is currently running Windows 7 but I keep getting reminders to download Windows 10. Before I make a decision could anyone tell me pros and cons of both OS please?

Thanks in advance.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Don't know about pros and cons but I switched from W 8 to W 10 on my desktop and W 10 is fine. I think that the security on W 10 is supposed to be better.

After some good advice I have decided to stick with Windows 7.
    A 1991 Gallup survey indicated that 49 percent of Americans didn't know that white bread is made from wheat.

Quote Originally Posted by 2little2late View Post
    After some good advice I have decided to stick with Windows 7.

Why not create a dual boot system windows 7 and windows 10 then you have both to use as when required.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

I wanted to stick with 7 also but it's a pain having to constantly monitor the updates and identify/hide the 'bad' ones. Win 7 will only be supported for a few more years. Make the move to 10. There are (completely safe) ways to make it look like 7.

I suggest not to update because win 10 always ask for updates its will ruin your experience

I still wish XP was supported..... However after being dragged into the 21st century onto Windows 7 I am quite happy with it. Hubby downloaded Windows 10 in error and it pesters him with adverts they say you have to pay to be rid of. I hate his laptop and 10 with a passion. Sticking with 7 is excellent advice. That was the advice I was given too.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

win10 is great cant praise it more
    like you wish above it runs tons more old xp stuff and even dos stuff that win7 didnt run.
    you can even make it look like win xp.
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs