Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Weather!

Default The Weather!

Is it just me or is everybody else sick of the weather up here? It's JULY!!!!!!

I fully understand that Caithness is "North" but, come on, this really is taking the biscuit!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSTOTM View Post

I fully understand that Caithness is "North" but, come on, this really is taking the biscuit!!
    Seems normal to me. I don't like it when its to hot. The wind keeps the midgies away
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux.

For anyone who can not 'hack it' remember the A9 runs both ways

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander1 View Post
    For anyone who can not 'hack it' remember the A9 runs both ways
    I can "hack it" just saying it would be nice to get a day or two of summer and a bit of vitamin D

I suppose it depends where you are experiencing the weather. It can be cold and wet in and around Freswick yet bright an sunny at Gills and that's the change over the distance of just six or seven miles! A bright sunny day in the Tesco car park, Wick can be a nice change when the rain is 'stottin' in Thurso. If you're not enjoying the weather where you are just hop on a bus, go for a walk, or take a short drive and enjoy something different. Whatever you think of the weather hereabouts it can never be called boring!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Stand by for Monday and Tuesday this week providing the BBC weather gets it right for once.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Weather dont make the the place the people do

rain hail or shine caithness hold a dear place in my heart
    and no matter the climate is special to so many

Quote Originally Posted by CELTIC,CONNECTIONS View Post
    Weather dont make the the place the people do

rain hail or shine caithness hold a dear place in my heart
    and no matter the climate is special to so many
    BULL crap! A nice sunny day brings the people out and on a REALLY sunny day some of them get down and dirty and strip down to their long Johns and remove their wooly hats

Some even "line dance" in Autumn (1972) clothing

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Stand by for Monday and Tuesday this week providing the BBC weather gets it right for once.
    It could reach 20C Tonka....... I've invested £9,000 in air conditioning and will be taklng off to Iceland for two days...... two days of "sun" will kill me

Nothing much anyone can do about the weather im afraid!
    "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy."

I can "hack it" just saying it would be nice to get a day or two of summer and a bit of vitamin D
    Summer's on a Thursday this year.

I really do sympathise with you DSTOTM. We recently moved to Lincolnshire after living in Caithness for approx 13 years. There's lots I DO miss about Caithness including the people and the scenery, but I definitely DON'T miss the weather. We're basking in the sun just now with temps of 25 degrees, rising to 30 degrees in the coming week. We really do get a proper Summer here and it's luvvvvvly

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I really do sympathise with you DSTOTM. We recently moved to Lincolnshire after living in Caithness for approx 13 years. There's lots I DO miss about Caithness including the people and the scenery, but I definitely DON'T miss the weather. We're basking in the sun just now with temps of 25 degrees, rising to 30 degrees in the coming week. We really do get a proper Summer here and it's luvvvvvly
    Aye but you don't get the lovely midges down there do you.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Aye but you don't get the lovely midges down there do you.

Errr no that is true but we get a fair few of these blighters......https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...qse3LF0wFvWTQ=

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Errr no that is true but we get a fair few of these blighters......https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgu...qse3LF0wFvWTQ=
    Your not unique there we call them cleggs, is your memory that bad.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by bcsman View Post
    Nothing much anyone can do about the weather im afraid!
    Yes, there is, they can moan about it

I'm standing by for rain tomorrow and clouds on Tuesday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635881

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    If you're not enjoying the weather where you are just hop on a bus
    Do they allow that now? Last time I was on a bus they made me sit down and even threatened to throw me off unless I stopped hopping immediately.

go for a walk
    On these country roads? I could get run over by a bus!

take a short drive and enjoy something different.
    How short? would a mile qualify as "short"... can you define short? Surely a "long" drive would be better, possibly to somewhere like the South of France?

Whatever you think of the weather hereabouts it can never be called boring!
    I agree, I wouldn't call it boring. Tedious, inconvenient, mildly depressing and generally annoying yes but "boring", certainly not

It's now August..... we are NOT going to see that orange thing in the sky are we? It's up there, no doubt about it, but the clouds are relentless...... oh well:

Only 142 days to go until CHRISTMAS!

I'm off to tear out any hair I have left on my head by the roots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast