Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Air/Ground source heat pumps?

Default Air/Ground source heat pumps?

I'm looking for recommendations for heat pump installation in Caithness.

Who have people used and any advice much appreciated.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Talk to Korrie's (01847 895826). We had air/ground souce heating put in by the council when I lived in Castletown. I firmly believe the system they put in was wrong as our electricity bill all but trebled. The actual thing sitting in the garden was made by Nimby, the systems the council puts in now are Mitsubishi, and they might be better, but I honestly don't know, we moved because of it. It was Korrie's that installed our system on behalf of the council, and they installed some recently in Melvich where I am now, so it's worth phoning them for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post

air source pumps work far better if you place them in a south facing lean to type glass cover ( lean to greenhouse) Ground source ones work better if you do a little homework on the ground you plan to use ,direction and elevation and of course the soil depth. Etc. If you get stuck PM me.

Air source pumps need a south facing position better to cover it with a glass greenhouse type lean to . Ground source ones need some homework done .position ,elevation , soil depth and type . If you get stuck PM me .

Default Ground Source Heat Pump

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post

I used Green & Cameron and the plumbers they used were Simpson & Oag and all went well & delighted with the system