Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Brexit.

Default Brexit.

After last nights display against Iceland, it is clear that The English are deadly serious about this Brexit.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    After last nights display against Iceland, it is clear that The English are deadly serious about this Brexit.

I think it is fair to say their heart is not in Europe.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

The upside to that absolutely lame "performance" last night is............... it was their last, they will be out of Europe in two years so no pressure getting a "squad" (of talentless individuals) prepared for EURO 2020.... same goes for NI and Wales. I would have mentioned "Scotland" but the only thing they are likely to qualify for in 2020 is entry into the world cashmere competiton

You do realise that we will still be and always will be part of Europe.
    to be honest the best side won that game of football, England never really looked like scoring.
    Last edited by mi16; 29-Jun-16 at 07:49.
    W.A.T.P.

to be honest the best side won that game of football, England never really looked like scoring.
    I do not know if this is true but it is credible the outcome.
    Bobby Charlton was asked how he thought the England team of '66 would have fared against Iceland.
    " I think we'd have won 1 - 0 ". He replied.

"Only 1-0?". Said the reporter.

"Yes," said Bobby. "Most of us are in our 70's now!"

Last edited by tonkatojo; 30-Jun-16 at 12:59.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    I do not know if this is true but it is credible the outcome.
    Bobby Charlton was asked how he thought the England team of '66 would have fared against Iceland.
    " I think we'd have won 1 - 0 ". He replied.

"Only 1-0?". Said the reporter.

"Yes," said Bobby. "Most of us are in our 70's now!"

Brilliant !!!!

Oh, I thought voting "out" mean't we would become a leper colony and no longer be allowed to play ball games with Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by DSTOTM View Post
    Oh, I thought voting "out" mean't we would become a leper colony and no longer be allowed to play ball games with Europe?

Give them time.
    Muhammad Ali

The best side usually does win. England were absolutely abysmal (as per) and the manager wasn't to blame, it was the rubbish footballers on the pitch..... they simply didn't have what it takes to compete on an international scale. I'm not a great lover of football but it was quite obvious to my eyes that the England team were not up to much. That Rooney character and the goal keeper chap were just dire. I found the commentary / half time analysis most annoying, especially that bloke who kept saying "the lads have got to get on the front foot" over and over again. What on earth does "the lads have got to get onto the front foot" mean?

Forget the "front foot", they lacked skill and no amount of "front footing" would compensate for that. Maybe "the lads have got to get on the front foot" meant they should all have got the managers boot up their backsides at half time?

I love the pundits, all saying what should happen but they were equally as bad when they were playing for England

Aha...... I have just Googled "front foot" : http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dic...the-front-foot