Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Looking for a DJ?

Default Looking for a DJ?

Hi folks,
    I'm looking for a DJ to do a couple of hours for us in the beginning of August. We just want some mixed music to keep our guests entertained until the wedding band start. Will pay the going rate....Whatever it may be...Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

What is the"going rate"? That is the question..........

Peters and Lee £40 per hour

Status Quo £750 per minute

The full Hendrix £7,500 per second.

I would opt for Roger Whittaker if I were you

Hi DSTOTM,
    Thanks for the replies! As entertaining as they are.....they're not very helpful. Looking at the time that they were posted I'm guessing that there may have been alcohol involved???? It's good to know that that it's not only me that does this type of thing :-)

Still looking for a DJ if anyone can help??

Are you sure the band wouldn't just let you run a phone or an ipod through their PA, you could do your own playlist or get people to suggest stuff and get a spotify list going - cheaper than a DJ

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymcc View Post
    Hi DSTOTM,
    Thanks for the replies! As entertaining as they are.....they're not very helpful. Looking at the time that they were posted I'm guessing that there may have been alcohol involved???? It's good to know that that it's not only me that does this type of thing :-)

Still looking for a DJ if anyone can help??
    erm... no...... I was being half serious........ what would you like?

Hi davem,
    Thanks for the reply. The problem is that the ceremony is at 4pm and the band won't be at the venue until around 8pm so i'm just looking for a bit of music to fill the void....distract me from thinking/regretting too much :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymcc View Post
    Hi folks,
    I'm looking for a DJ to do a couple of hours for us in the beginning of August. We just want some mixed music to keep our guests entertained until the wedding band start. Will pay the going rate....Whatever it may be...Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks
    Peter Sutherland's disco, Lybster?