Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remain in the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    I am English you idiot.
    I am Scottish and I am not an idiot but thanks for confirming your non racist, non divisive, non insulting, all inclusive stance on Scottish politics.

It has been a real learning curve.

Quote Originally Posted by sids View Post
    The SNP can be pro-EU and anti-England.

Seems simple enough.

Can be is a bit of an understatement.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Can be is a bit of an understatement.
    A massive understatement....... Some Scots hate the English with a passion I put it down to their inability to kick a ball with their feet
    Last edited by DSTOTM; 26-Jun-16 at 22:24.

Quote Originally Posted by DSTOTM View Post
    A massive understatement....... Some Scots hate the English with a passion I put it down to their inability to kick a ball with their feet
    nice analogy, cos of course if you kick a ball with your feet you'll end up on your arse .... just about sums the situation up

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    nice analogy, cos of course if you kick a ball with your feet you'll end up on your arse .... just about sums the situation up
    let's be politically correct and call it "tits up"

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Having looked in this in more depth it depends on the ball you are kicking. If it's a standard football you could possibly end up on your arse, if it's a stainless steel ball you would break your toes kicking it and if it were a standard football filled with gelignite it would explode when you kicked it and you would possibly be blown to pieces........

I find it safe to kick balloons and always jump with shock when one goes "pop"........ you just cannot beat the good old fashioned balloon for all round fun

The facts are Referendum on independence between Scotland and the UK 55 to 45 vote NO.
    Referendum on the UK and the EU the result on the vote is LEAVE.
    Both polls democratically held and legally conducted and both results should be respected

Quote Originally Posted by roshep View Post
    The facts are Referendum on independence between Scotland and the UK 55 to 45 vote NO.
    Referendum on the UK and the EU the result on the vote is LEAVE.
    Both polls democratically held and legally conducted and both results should be respected
    You can say that but I take a different viewpoint.

I do not respect either outcome because I compare an election debate to a scientific process where each claim and counter claim has to be scutinise and judged upon based upon the available evidence and reason. The No and Leave campaigns were creating dishonesty on an industrial scale and they got the result that they wanted and now we are reaping the problems with those decisions. Bullshit in, bullshit out. you can believe what you want, but I do not believe in cold fusion, aromatherapy, ley lines and other mumbo jumbo and lies so I do not think Leave was gained through fair means and the No result either.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I do not respect either outcome because I compare an election debate to a scientific process where each claim and counter claim has to be scutinise and judged upon based upon the available evidence and reason. The No and Leave campaigns were creating dishonesty on an industrial scale and they got the result that they wanted and now we are reaping the problems with those decisions. Bullshit in, bullshit out. you can believe what you want, but I do not believe in cold fusion, aromatherapy, ley lines and other mumbo jumbo and lies so I do not think Leave was gained through fair means and the No result either.
    No respect for both legal and democratic votes and results, I suspect that's a big case of sour grapes Rheg
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

I agree with that, both sides were just talking pure nonsense but that's to be expected these days from a politician. They don't deal in facts and figures, they deal in farce and fiction, I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of any of their mouths. If what we were lead to believe (from both sides of the debate) was actually true then the result of the vote should be respected and upheld BUT it was all a pack of lies from both sides so I would like to see it deemed null and void. If we are to make a decision regarding the future of our country then we have to be party to the true facts and not be fed a load of "make it up as you go along" BS from people who have no other agenda but furthering their own seedy careers / feathering their own seedy nests.

Just look at the state of play now, nobody has a scooby what to do and they call it "uncharted waters".... that's a posh term for "we haven't got a clue where we are going or why we are going to where we don't know we may end up". It's an absolute disgrace that an entire nation has been allowed to vote only armed with lies and non facts to base their decision on. That entire referendum should be declared null and void as both the leave and remain "captains" didn't know one end of a ship from another....... the state of play at the moment? David Blunkett's guide dog may end up taking the helm...... I would trust a dog to get the fair ship UK back into calm waters than these liers and crooks who have weaseled their way onboard purporting to be able seamen.

A bunch of absolute cowboys who would be better selling double glazing than they are at running a country.

I'm sorry if my utter contempt with the current breed of politician offends some but I have to say it as I see it and I totally agree with you on this one Mister Spock.

Quote Originally Posted by DSTOTM View Post
    I agree with that, both sides were just talking pure nonsense but that's to be expected these days from a politician. They don't deal in facts and figures, they deal in farce and fiction, I wouldn't believe a word that comes out of any of their mouths. If what we were lead to believe (from both sides of the debate) was actually true then the result of the vote should be respected and upheld BUT it was all a pack of lies from both sides so I would like to see it deemed null and void. If we are to make a decision regarding the future of our country then we have to be party to the true facts and not be fed a load of "make it up as you go along" BS from people who have no other agenda but furthering their own seedy careers / feathering their own seedy nests.

Just look at the state of play now, nobody has a scooby what to do and they call it "uncharted waters".... that's a posh term for "we haven't got a clue where we are going or why we are going to where we don't know we may end up". It's an absolute disgrace that an entire nation has been allowed to vote only armed with lies and non facts to base their decision on. That entire referendum should be declared null and void as both the leave and remain "captains" didn't know one end of a ship from another....... the state of play at the moment? David Blunkett's guide dog may end up taking the helm...... I would trust a dog to get the fair ship UK back into calm waters than these liers and crooks who have weaseled their way onboard purporting to be able seamen.

A bunch of absolute cowboys who would be better selling double glazing than they are at running a country.

I'm sorry if my utter contempt with the current breed of politician offends some but I have to say it as I see it and I totally agree with you on this one Mister Spock.
    Here here, I wholly agree with you, the referendum and aftermath buried any credibility politicians had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12