Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Indy 2

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    So the oil fund would build up slowly just now which is eactlly the pace you would expect when the oil price is low. You are reinforcing the need for an oil fund. The oil was not a major feature of the budget anyway, it was always meant to be a bonus, especially under a green government..
    Would it, you see Salmond budgeted on a £7.5bn annual income from the oil.
    We are currently making nothing like that from oil, the oil fund would have the square root of zero in it.
    It is widely anticipated that the North sea oil industry is well past its peak and all I am seeing is job losses and decommissioning, which incidentally is not the industry some would have you think.
    We would have been on our tod in March, how would we have funded the country?
    A - Massive taxation increase
    B - Massive public spending cuts
    C - Combination of A & B

I am not sure why you keep going on about this green government, we have the SNP not the Green party.
    Last edited by mi16; 25-Jun-16 at 14:23.
    W.A.T.P.

Quote Originally Posted by mi16 View Post
    We are currently making nothing like that from oil.
    C - Combination of A & B

I am not sure why you keep going on about this green government, we have the SNP not the Green party.
    To become a fledged new EU member or possibly a recycled part old member all the above would be applied plus the Euro currency to bring the Scottish economy up to scratch, or so it appears.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

We are currently making nothing like that from oil, the oil fund would have the square root of zero in it.
    It is widely anticipated that the North sea oil industry is well past its peak and all I am seeing is job losses and decommissioning, which incidentally is not the industry some would have you think.
    C - Combination of A & B

I keep going on about the Green party because it the party of my choice. Their policies are sound, they do not wish to invest in a failing form of economic that is dedicated to econimic failure which is fossil fuels, consumerism and greed etc etc.

£7.5 billion is just 6% of the Scottish economy, if you half that then that become 3% needs to be sourced from other revenues. It really isn't a big problem.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

I read a article today that JK Rowling has had a change of heart about scottish independence and there have been lots of previous no voters who have since said they would vote for independence in another referendum. Afterall, we only need to consolidate our existing support and gain a 5% swing from no to Yes to achieve our rightful place in the wider global community. Increasingly it looks like a vote for scottish independence is a vote for financial security rather than chaos after our credit rating got downgraded to 'negative' today.

you need more than 5% to jump the dyke to get Indy through

the value of the pound and credit ratings are all immediate knee jerk reactions, let's see how things pan out over the next 6 or 12 months.

the Green Party have not a single seat in Holyrood, they are hardly a credible alternative, there is more chance of UKIP getting in.
    Last edited by mi16; 25-Jun-16 at 17:12.
    W.A.T.P.

you need more than 5% to jump the dyke to get Indy through

the value of the pound and credit ratings are all immediate knee jerk reactions, let's see how things pan out over the next 6 or 12 months.

the Green Party have not a single seat in Holyrood, they are hardly a credible alternative, there is more chance of UKIP getting in.
    Nope, just over a 5% swing will do it.

What do you mean the green party do not have a seat at Holyrood? They have 6 seats!

What do you mean the green party do not have a seat at Holyrood? They have 6 seats!
    yeah sorry my mistake, I was thinking of the general election, even so 6 seats is hardly a credible challenger is it?
    you need a 5.4% swing to get over the line.

oil revenue is down more than half, then there is the oil fund.
    Let's say half for ease so we are £3.75bn down, where do we find the other £3.75bn?
    W.A.T.P.

6 out of 129, that's not many, I cannot ever see the greenies ever getting power
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Indeed but I did err in stating they had no seats.
    W.A.T.P.

Let's say half for ease so we are £3.75bn down, where do we find the other £3.75bn?
    We use the oil fund to smooth out the bumps.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 25-Jun-16 at 19:26.

We use the oil fund to smooth out the bumbs.
    what part of "we don't have an oil fund" are you struggling with?
    a decent oil fund will take years to amass
    W.A.T.P.

what part of "we don't have an oil fund" are you struggling with?
    a decent oil fund will take years to amass
    We will have an oil fund on day one, we will have all the oil at current prices going into the Scottish treasury. It is only the unionists that make out having oil is a curse.

At the moment we are struggling to even get our hands on a twelfth of the revenue. Which part of a calculator are you struggling with?

We will have an oil fund on day one, we will have all the oil at current prices going into the Scottish treasury. It is only the unionists that make out having oil is a curse.

At the moment we are struggling to even get our hands on a twelfth of the revenue. Which part of a calculator are you struggling with?
    On day one though we will have a hole in the budget from the artificial oil estimate, we won't be able to afford it.
    and if we dip into the oil fund from day 1 it is never going to accumulator to anything is it?

so let's forget about this finds it will take years before we could draw down on it.
    where will the missing money come from on day 1?
    W.A.T.P.

On day one though we will have a hole in the budget from the artificial oil estimate, we won't be able to afford it.
    and if we dip into the oil fund from day 1 it is never going to accumulator to anything is it?

so let's forget about this finds it will take years before we could draw down on it.
    where will the missing money come from on day 1?
    Even without oil we would be hugely better off than the rest of the UK as their economy has been sent into turmoil with a negative credit rating. But on day day one though we would have all the revenues of the oil going tinto the scottish economy instead of a twelfth. Time to jump ship before they drag us down with them.

This time though we are prepared for all the scaremongerings; Eddie Izzard with his 'sorry to see you go' and his long lost puppy eyes; celebrity endorsements for the union; Bank of England warnings; EU warnings, etc etc. We now know that all the companies that warned us about shedding jobs in an independent were planning to shed jobs in scotland anyway. we now know that Michelle blummin Mone was planning on moving out of the country anyway but her parting shot was that Scotnats forced her out (the first billionaire to be scared of a bit of name calling);We now know that the UK ordered airstrikes against the middle east once they knew the result of indyref. We now know that the Bank of england would have let us use the pound because it our pound as much as anyone elses. I could go on and on. The scaremongering is not quite so scary once you've heard it all before and you know its bullshit.

The UK still has a Aa1 rating, the same as it did last week but that is just for moodys.
    What they have done is changed it from stable to negative, meaning that previously the economy was ticking along but now they expect it to decline. Which we all did on a Brexit I think.
    standard and poor still have us at AAA negative and fitch at AA+stable

The same three organisations stated pre 2014 ref that an independent Scotland would not be able to match the UK rating, and moodys put us at a potential A rating.

I don't know about the BOE allowing us the pound but it's a EU pre requisite that new member states must adopt the € so it's a bit of a moot point.

What we must remember is that in 2014 Scotland voted in its majority to remain as part of the UK democratic process, Thursdays vote was part of that democracy, but as the result was not what we wanted the toys are being ejected and we are stamping our feet.
    Last edited by mi16; 25-Jun-16 at 23:10.

Here is me thinking the greens were the ones cursing/hating all fossil fuels, just shows it depends if or which way the wind blows.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by tonkatojo View Post
    Here is me thinking the greens were the ones cursing/hating all fossil fuels, just shows it depends if or which way the wind blows.
    Or if it blows at all.

Crikey boys! Talk about getting ahead of yourself!

Theres a a panel of top advisers being assembled from across the political spectrum - cross party and both sides of the constitutional debate. The economic situation is different today than it was 2 years ago. Let's see what they say.

Tonights antidote to the poison that exists today comes courtesy of London's pride event.

http://www.itv.com/news/london/2016-...-the-question/

I hope he was on an official break, otherwise he should have been policing not wasting our taxes on his personal business!!!
    W.A.T.P.

I voted NO to Independence as did the MAJORITY.

I voted to LEAVE the EU as did the MAJORITY.

"Majority"
    can be used to specify the voting requirement, as in a "majority vote". A majority vote is more than half of the votes cast.

Wales reached the quarter-finals of Euro 2016 as Gareth McAuley's own goal gave them victory over Northern Ireland in a tense last-16 encounter. Perfectly fair game, Wales won the match fair and square. But shall we just use the logic of the Remain Camp and the Yes voters (Scotland) here for a minute - Northern Ireland should demand a replay and keep demanding replays until they win - or is that just not fair ?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast