Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Big Gig Bands Read This

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    I Wont miss u, I have to share a flipping tent wi u at download!
    Bom Chika Wahwah

Amen!

fantastic im laughing my head off.

although....

its a poor sight to see an organiser breaking.

in a house wi lights, but it is a light house

Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Amen!

fantastic im laughing my head off.

although....

its a poor sight to see an organiser breaking.
    an organiser breaks when the people he's trying to organise are being daft. "The organiser" is going about things the way he wants & that's cool.......especially when the job is obviously being done

rather than people getting torn in & tearing the loon apart a smattering more obvious support wouldn't go amiss, would it?????

anyone that's ever been on the organisation side of a gig will know how downright stressfull & soul destroying it can be blah de blah de blah

BUT when it comes down to it K dragon is boss, in charge, the man at the top, AND if man at top isn't your best buddy & people keep consistantly winding him up then the offenders could well be without a gig. I know if it happened to be me & I got more than a certain amount of unnecessary hassle I would tell the hasslers to beat it & take the band with them NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!

the next man that the bands want as their best buddy is the soundman, if you hack the soundman off then just listen as the bassdrum dissappears or the bass ends up drowned in a pool of reverb..........

The organiser & the soundman 2 most important people on a festival site

So to round off this post: support K dragon, if he's asking for something in a particular way then oblige the guy....... He didn't have to volunteer himself for the job

FTR a mixing job pretty much remains the same for the majority of bands apart from the obvious potential of acoustic guitars, keyboards, brass sections or mongolian dance troupes. Reckoning that all bands will use the same kit then the only real change should be the odd amp & cab.

Bands sometimes have particular requests from a sound man & they submit these requests & if it's within the capabilities of the soundman then it's given to the band as close as possible

K dragon is trying to iron out things across the board & he's doing it in the way he sees fit

good on ye K.d

Isaac

Another Big Gig themed super post . . . . . .

Entertainment in itself (who need bands!)

K Dragon's on the learning curve, be gentle and humour him.

Though I'd seriously recommend he offloads some of his many tasks to others and form a committee (sorry, "the council frown a committee!!!"- totally at a loss to understand why this would be so - councils thrive on committee decision processes) of useful and interested parties.

The actual event will be a nightmare if all decisions (and there will be a multitude) have to be made by only one individual on the actual performance days. (This super focussed loading will also transfer to the sound man and as Isaac says, if he ain't happy . . . . . )

Hope it all works out.
    All the world's a stage and we are merely players . . . . .
    For more visit: http://www.studiograff-photo.co.uk

I havent once told the guy that he cant do the job, ive also never resorted to insulting him personally.

However, the organizer of the festival also needs the bands support for everything to go off without a hitch.

The fact that K Dragon cant take a joke, or have a laugh aint our fault. (And just so that EVERYONE is clear, thats what i was doing for the first few posts of this thread) Everyone that knows me knows I take very few things seriously or to heart.

He obviously feels that he can talk down to everyone. Not something that I accept off anyone. Not even my bosses at work. He also seems to be very blinkered in taking others suggestions.

This is not and should not be the K Dragon festival. It is a caithness/TTI festival to help raise funds and provide a bit of exposure for bands that may not generally play to the kind of crowd that will be in attendance.

K Dragon has admitted himself that he is losing his temper and patience with this project, and we have always offered help and suggestions only to be on the end of a self important rant. Everyone has tried to make these seem light hearted, however once again all we get is rants, and now threats of band sound ect.

My posts started on this thread after we had submitted ALL the information that was asked of us, and they were in made in reply to something he had said about the council not recognizing young bands as responsible fulltime musos.

All in, the festival still has my full support, and so does K Dragon, but my support comes with suggestions, questions, fair criticism and possibly for the second year, a half decent kit for the drummers to play on. This wasnt hard for last years organizer to take, in fact, he asked more than we could suggest. And it was an enjoyable experience being involved and kept up to date throughout the run up to the gig.

All anyone has done is suggest ways to help and make things better. These suggestions come from folk that, as you know chobs, put on some kind of show at least once a month if not more often. How can it be disregarded so flippantly?

It's all in good humour. The man's doing a good job. I've offered assistance on a few occassions but he seems to be getting on with it himself. That's fine... just don't see the point in moaning about it if he's not asking for help.

Nobody is having a direct go at him... they're just making honest suggestion which they think would make things easier for him.... no harm in that... this is a discussion forum after all. If he does or doesn't want suggestions, he's gonna get them.

As I said before... keep up the good work.

(I've e-mailed Astronot's details)

may i suggest, especially for the benefit of Astronot, A cider-proof screen (pallette wrap, cling film etc)

Quote Originally Posted by moncur View Post
    may i suggest, especially for the benefit of Astronot, A cider-proof screen (pallette wrap, cling film etc)
    There will be a new cry this year.

MMMMMMMMMMMCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUPPPPPPYYYYYEEEE EAAAAAA!

What the hell....

Be warned big mac... I'll be armed with tins of cider to throw back.

K Dragon... what's the chances of getting a hose to fire at the crowd? You know it makes sense foo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid View Post
    What the hell....

Be warned big mac... I'll be armed with tins of cider to throw back.

K Dragon... what's the chances of getting a hose to fire at the crowd? You know it makes sense foo!
    Quit your jibberjabber, you aint hurt, your pathetic!

If i ever catch you acting like a crazy foo again your gonna meet my freind PAIN! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

GET SOME NUTS!

Quote Originally Posted by the_big_mac View Post
    Quit your jibberjabber, you aint hurt, your pathetic!

If i ever catch you acting like a crazy foo again your gonna meet my freind PAIN! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

GET SOME NUTS!
    PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what the fife!?!?!

seems to be such a bumming sesh goin on here?
    Big Imagination For Feeling Young Cause Life Yearns Real Optimism

Quote Originally Posted by zebedy View Post
    what the fife!?!?!

seems to be such a bumming sesh goin on here?
    Dont mention the B word! Bom chicka wahwah!
    (Moncur signed in on Studio66s PC)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123