Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Toxic Tories a danger to Scotland

Default Toxic Tories a danger to Scotland

Well the nightmare begins ,just goes to show that there are allot more stupid folk in Scotland than I thought. Is this the start of a re-run of the Northern Ireland problem , the unionist on one side and the nationalists on the other. God help us all and give those who follow the Tories with their votes a Lifetime of sleepless nights. I hope the SNP push for England to use the same voting system that they forced on us.

It is democracy though, isn't it and however little one likes it and might wish for a different outcome as regards one's personal beliefs and preferences, if you believe in the democratic process, then you have to accept it. If you want to change it, then persuade people with the force of your arguments for next time around and do not whinge just because the SNP do not have the overall majority again that they craved which was, very bad for democracy anyway. I think it just reflects badly upon you to call people 'stupid' who voted Tory and no, I am not a Tory myself!

The result of the election is good news for those who support independence. The Tories are now exposed in opposition which will provide the Scottish electorate with many more opportunities to witness just how toxic they are.

We did get over a million votes in the constituencies and more constituency seats than ever before... so that wasn't too bad....and I don't think a minority Government is that bad an outcome either tbh. I don't like majority Governments anyway, (or coalitions, come to that), too reminiscent of a dictatorial parent.

Only real difference between Tory and Labour as opposition is that there is likely going to be less reiteration of variations of SNP BAD, brandishing their own facts, and more "I won't allow another referendum", maybe? Unionists seem more obsessed by another indyref than SNP voters are, as far as I can see. I don't expect one in this term, anyway, though I'd be happy to be surprised.

If we have to have an opposition, having a Tory one will allow a few direct digs at Westminster as Nicola reminds her that she can't actually do x, y or z because her boss won't let us.......and on form up to the election, the Tories have been less inclined to oppose decent Bills just because it wasn't them who introduced them, as Labour tends to do.

I'm almost looking forward to the next five years, though I guess Ruthie's voice will eventually start to irritate as much as Kezia's did.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddquine View Post
    We did get over a million votes in the constituencies and more constituency seats than ever before... so that wasn't too bad....and I don't think a minority Government is that bad an outcome either tbh. I don't like majority Governments anyway, (or coalitions, come to that), too reminiscent of a dictatorial parent.

Only real difference between Tory and Labour as opposition is that there is likely going to be less reiteration of variations of SNP BAD, brandishing their own facts, and more "I won't allow another referendum", maybe? Unionists seem more obsessed by another indyref than SNP voters are, as far as I can see. I don't expect one in this term, anyway, though I'd be happy to be surprised.

If we have to have an opposition, having a Tory one will allow a few direct digs at Westminster as Nicola reminds her that she can't actually do x, y or z because her boss won't let us.......and on form up to the election, the Tories have been less inclined to oppose decent Bills just because it wasn't them who introduced them, as Labour tends to do.

I'm almost looking forward to the next five years, though I guess Ruthie's voice will eventually start to irritate as much as Kezia's did.
    STV came up with a explaination on how the Westminster PR system works in Scotland. The SNP get 80,000 vote and first place ( one seat) Tories 30,000 votes (3 seats ,Labour 20,000 votes ( 2 seats) looks like the Westminster system must be the same as the one used by the Taxman when calculating the tax due from big business or the rich.
    Looks like its on longer "we're all in it together ot better together" more "your in it to the neck and we are in charge . You have to love the Tories as they know how to devide and conquer ,many said that the referendum showed up the Labour Party as RED TORIES and how right they where. Sad to see that the Tory party asked members to join the Labour Party and vote for JC ,maybe we should all join the Tory party and give them some of their own medicine. Cameron as closed down yet another investigation ,this time it's expenses that have joined the list with sexual abuse and disability deaths plus 14 others this year alone.

can someone tell me of total number of vote cast what proportion did each party get

Quote Originally Posted by dc1 View Post
    can someone tell me of total number of vote cast what proportion did each party get
    Easier for you to read it for yourself. (and cheers for the latest bad rep! Did you miss me when I was away?)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2016/scotland/results

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_Parliament_election,_2016