Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: The Election Tomorrow

Default The Election Tomorrow

Just wondering, has anyone had any prospective candidates or party representatives at their door ? All Ive had and by memory not from all parties, has been slick "marketing" materials through the letter box, no canvassing phone calls either. Or do candidates not bother door stepping anymore meeting the people "promoting themselves"...is it all social media now or what ? Oh and down here in Easter Ross there is no mention of the SNP candidates name on any posters, just bland yellow : Vote SNP posters. SNP will walk it anyway, but its interesting to read that Ms Sturgeon is slightly flapping, apparently going all out today on a yes yes SNP on both ballots push.

Source : The Herald : "NICOLA Sturgeon will hammer home her "Both Votes SNP" message in the final 24 hours of the election campaign today as jitters grow over her target of winning an overall Holyrood majority. The SNP leader will address a rally in Glasgow city centre, when she will appeal for support on both the constituency and regional votes to "guarantee" the party's continued control over the Scottish Parliament. Insiders voiced fears the SNP could fall short of winning a majority, especially if turn-out if low". ITs also interesting thats Ms Sturgeon has attempted to steer the election debate away from the constitution ( indy 2 parked for a whiley whilst they remember that when elected they have to govern scotland !! ) in the final 48 hours before we go to the polls.

During a visit to Aberdeen, she said job creation would be "at the heart of a re-elected SNP Government’s agenda" ( well she would wouldnt she, and job creation must be at the heart of every parties pledges, so whats new : oh : she was in Aberdeen still suffering from oil price collapse ) . Senior colleagues also issued statements saying "education will be the defining priority" ( and EIS have already stated that their plans will be challenged just as English Tory education policies are being actively resisted ) and pledging to invest in "our most cherished public service," the NHS. ( again its a so what, we expect all parties to invest in the NHS ) So pledges on job creation, education and NHS with no details behind them.

SOmethings rattled them, and turn out will be a lot lower than indy1 and last election, as I get the feeling people are "electioned out" and turnout will fall to usual numbers : maybe their own polls suggest something other than a predicted wipe out is around the corner, anyway Ms Sturgeon is leaving nothing to chance. Needless to say I will not be voting SNP on either constituency or regional votes.
    Last edited by rob murray; 04-May-16 at 11:16.

4 May: Rob wrote: SOmethings rattled them, and turn out will be a lot lower than indy1 and last election, as I get the feeling people are "electioned out" and turnout will fall to usual numbers : maybe their own polls suggest something other than a predicted wipe out is around the corner, anyway Ms Sturgeon is leaving nothing to chance. Needless to say I will not be voting SNP on either constituency or regional votes.

Give us all a laugh. Who are you voting for?

Quote Originally Posted by caltonjock View Post
    4 May: Rob wrote: SOmethings rattled them, and turn out will be a lot lower than indy1 and last election, as I get the feeling people are "electioned out" and turnout will fall to usual numbers : maybe their own polls suggest something other than a predicted wipe out is around the corner, anyway Ms Sturgeon is leaving nothing to chance. Needless to say I will not be voting SNP on either constituency or regional votes.

Give us all a laugh. Who are you voting for?
    Ive been laughing at you since you came on here mate, why do you want to laugh at who I vote for ?? Back to school sonny !

I'm laughing too as there are two main groups on here. Those Prepared to say they vote SNP and those who say they won't vote SNP. Where are the Tory labour and libdem voters on here. If you are anti SNP share with us the party you feel we should vote for.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Z View Post
    I'm laughing too as there are two main groups on here. Those Prepared to say they vote SNP and those who say they won't vote SNP. Where are the Tory labour and libdem voters on here. If you are anti SNP share with us the party you feel we should vote for.
    AS I see it on here are SNP indy supporters here , maybe SNP no indy as well, though I doubt it, and voters / supporters of other parties who obviously dont support indy. AS I said Im not SNP so am against indy, who I vote for is a private matter but it aint SNP, anyway I voted tactically this morning

I think Mr Z has a point. I have had a wee look and whilst I can see loads of posts berating people who support the SNP and criticising SNP policies, I haven't found a single one promoting policies or manifesto commitments of any of the other parties at all. That's a bit odd. Maybe people don't want to share who they ARE voting for rather than who they are NOT but we could have expected to see some support for policies set out in the manifestos of the other parties.

The way in which the Scottish political is conducted is akin to a Spanish bullring. The Matador (Westminster) first teases the bull (Scotland) then calls on picadors to stick their knives into the bull diverting its attention and weakening it through multiple injuries. Badly wounded the bull is then encouraged to fight by the Matador (who has a dagger secreted away on his person). The bull bravely responds to the taunts of the Matador but ever tiring he is finally fought to a standstill and can do no more. The Matador smiles to the crowd of adoring fans (Unionist Party supporters) and plunges his long knife into the bull's neck severing its spinal cord. The bull sinks to the ground dead. Scotland ceases to exist!!! Is this really what those here who argue against me really wish to happen in the future???

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Just wondering, has anyone had any prospective candidates or party representatives at their door ? All Ive had and by memory not from all parties, has been slick "marketing" materials through the letter box, no canvassing phone calls either. Or do candidates not bother door stepping anymore meeting the people "promoting themselves"...is it all social media now or what ? Oh and down here in Easter Ross there is no mention of the SNP candidates name on any posters, just bland yellow : Vote SNP posters. SNP will walk it anyway, but its interesting to read that Ms Sturgeon is slightly flapping, apparently going all out today on a yes yes SNP on both ballots push.

Source : The Herald : "NICOLA Sturgeon will hammer home her "Both Votes SNP" message in the final 24 hours of the election campaign today as jitters grow over her target of winning an overall Holyrood majority. The SNP leader will address a rally in Glasgow city centre, when she will appeal for support on both the constituency and regional votes to "guarantee" the party's continued control over the Scottish Parliament. Insiders voiced fears the SNP could fall short of winning a majority, especially if turn-out if low". ITs also interesting thats Ms Sturgeon has attempted to steer the election debate away from the constitution ( indy 2 parked for a whiley whilst they remember that when elected they have to govern scotland !! ) in the final 48 hours before we go to the polls.

During a visit to Aberdeen, she said job creation would be "at the heart of a re-elected SNP Government’s agenda" ( well she would wouldnt she, and job creation must be at the heart of every parties pledges, so whats new : oh : she was in Aberdeen still suffering from oil price collapse ) . Senior colleagues also issued statements saying "education will be the defining priority" ( and EIS have already stated that their plans will be challenged just as English Tory education policies are being actively resisted ) and pledging to invest in "our most cherished public service," the NHS. ( again its a so what, we expect all parties to invest in the NHS ) So pledges on job creation, education and NHS with no details behind them.

SOmethings rattled them, and turn out will be a lot lower than indy1 and last election, as I get the feeling people are "electioned out" and turnout will fall to usual numbers : maybe their own polls suggest something other than a predicted wipe out is around the corner, anyway Ms Sturgeon is leaving nothing to chance. Needless to say I will not be voting SNP on either constituency or regional votes.
    Just a random thought I had but I looked at your post and thought, 'just like someone can't put a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille in their mouth without chewing it', I thought 'can a anti-SNP orger talk about the SNP without mentioning an independence referendum?'. And then Bingo!, you did. Seems it is too irresistable.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Just a random thought I had but I looked at your post and thought, 'just like someone can't put a Rowntree's Fruit Pastille in their mouth without chewing it', I thought 'can a anti-SNP orger talk about the SNP without mentioning an independence referendum?'. And then Bingo!, you did. Seems it is too irresistable.
    #
    I prefer fruit gums mate, your asking me to forget Sturgeons repeated indy2 will more than likely happen in her premiership / inevitable utterances ? Im not SNP and thats what she was saying or maybe Im deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    #
    I prefer fruit gums mate, your asking me to forget Sturgeons repeated indy2 will more than likely happen in her premiership / inevitable utterances ? Im not SNP and thats what she was saying or maybe Im deaf.
    I've never heard Nicola mention a second referendum unless expressly asked for clarification on that matter by a pro-unionist interviewer. So who really keeps harping on about a second referendum?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.