Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SNP & Tory Austerity Cuts - In it Together

Default SNP & Tory Austerity Cuts - In it Together

Despite the SNP pledging to oppose the Torie's massive cuts to vital services (all in the name of austerity), they've been at it themselves and then some.

I voted SNP last year, but i'll be making sure Labour get's my vote this time around.

How can Gail Ross (who's husband is a teacher) stand by the SNP's massive cuts to education ?

and who know's what were in for next year ?

i'm going to do a CJ and link to an article ....

Roger,

Give the SNP a chance. The new powers are only just in place. If you feel strongly get in touch with your SNP candidate and let him know your views, even by email

Your link points to an article in the left wing new Statesman written by Kezia Dugdale. A meaningful discussion of its content is hardly credible since it is indicative of the dogma of the labour party.

Quote Originally Posted by caltonjock View Post
    Roger,

Give the SNP a chance. The new powers are only just in place. If you feel strongly get in touch with your SNP candidate and let him know your views, even by email

Your link points to an article in the left wing new Statesman written by Kezia Dugdale. A meaningful discussion of its content is hardly credible since it is indicative of the dogma of the labour party.
    What about your links then, pointed to your own one sided site which is balanced and dogma free ? No point in contacting our SNP candidate what can they do about the proven cuts / attainment gaps / FE cuts and the myth of free higher education, ok no tuition fee's but how do you live and support yourself. In any case NATS run their party under strict no diversion from party line so disent / challenges from within the party are quickly nullified. The SNP will walk our constituency and as you say new powers are just in place which gives the next 4 years to see if things are for the best, as I havent access to a Tardis I can only wait and see.

Roger,

Give the SNP a chance. .
    Why, they have destroyed the NHS in Scoland, also the Police and Fire Service not to mention the Education system
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Why, they have destroyed the NHS in Scoland, also the Police and Fire Service not to mention the Education system
    According to CJ why not contact your potential MSP and complain express your concerns or do you think that would be totally meaningless as SNP do no wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    do you think that would be totally meaningless as SNP do no wrong ?
    Rob, THEY, the snp think they can do no wrong, the list is endless as far as I can see.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Golach and Rob Murray. A study of comments made by yourselves on a number of topics reveals the depth of your apathy towards the SNP government. Making wild accusations against their policies without links to documents/papers supporting your assertions weakens them markedly. I believe the performance of the SNP government to be very good, but not perfect and in the absence of an adequate alternative voters would be well advised to stick with what they have.

thanks CJ, but i don't agree that the SNP's performance to date has been all that great.

they're great at shouting about how they have brought in things like free uni places or prescriptions, but keep quiet about the cuts to bursaries or the fact that the NHS are wasting millions on basics like paracetamol.
    Freezing the council tax ? well that sounds great, but now my local council can't afford to clean the streets or plant some flowers

others have already pointed out the utter pointlessness of contacting my local SNP candidate as they'll just do as they're told and toe the party line.

Scotland's become a one party state, and it saddens me that the even ardent SNP supporters can't back up your own rhetoric without facts and figures

'I believe the performance of the SNP government to be very good, but not perfect and in the absence of an adequate alternative voters would be well advised to stick with what they have.'

You're asking those who object to the SNP to back up their claims, well i'd like YOU to back up your 'belief' with some facts and figures (from an independant source)

You're also suggesting that without a credible opposition people should just vote for the SNP because they're the best of the current bad lot ... really ?

Golach and Rob Murray. A study of comments made by yourselves on a number of topics reveals the depth of your apathy towards the SNP government. Making wild accusations against their policies without links to documents/papers supporting your assertions weakens them markedly. I believe the performance of the SNP government to be very good, but not perfect and in the absence of an adequate alternative voters would be well advised to stick with what they have.
    AHem...pot calling kettle black, your so called "posts / lifts from your website" are wholly imbalanced, in many cases factual inaccurate and you nebver qoute sources used. I dont make wild accusations of course you fall into the nATS do no wrong camp, run along and play elsewhere try STroma community web site Im sure yiou'll attract lots of browsers. Oh...voters would be well advised to stick with what they have...says it all mate

Roger,

It was sturgeon herself who said that any govt in its second term has to take responsibility for what's gone wrong and not blame its predecessors. Well here we are end of second term and they / snp accept responsibility for nothing of coursesthey do no wrong do they ?

29 April: Rob said: AHem...pot calling kettle black, your so called "posts / lifts from your website" are wholly imbalanced, in many cases factual inaccurate and you nebver qoute sources used. I dont make wild accusations of course you fall into the nATS do no wrong camp, run along and play elsewhere try STroma community web site Im sure yiou'll attract lots of browsers. Oh...voters would be well advised to stick with what they have...says it all mate

I accept your assertion that my so called "posts/lifts from my website" just about always cast the SNP government in a positive light. I do try to ensure any information I share is well linked and accurate. I quite like this community and am confident our discussions will be conducted without malice.

29 April: Rob said: AHem...pot calling kettle black, your so called "posts / lifts from your website" are wholly imbalanced, in many cases factual inaccurate and you nebver qoute sources used. I dont make wild accusations of course you fall into the nATS do no wrong camp, run along and play elsewhere try STroma community web site Im sure yiou'll attract lots of browsers. Oh...voters would be well advised to stick with what they have...says it all mate

I accept your assertion that my so called "posts/lifts from my website" just about always cast the SNP government in a positive light. I do try to ensure any information I share is well linked and accurate. I quite like this community and am confident our discussions will be conducted without malice.
    Your link and raising awareness on TTIP was a good contribution I will give you that. This forum is heaviliy moderated and if anyone is being outright malicous they are sanctioned so youve no fears with that situation

I Despise the SNP but the think I hate even more is the nationlism that now grips this country. Its utterly heartbreaking. I honestly thought we were too smart for it to breakout but I was clearly wrong.

Reality is. in EVERY nationalists head is the idea its always westmnisters fault. The moment the penny drops its not, nationalism dies as it needs a "them". Its just the politically correct way to say they don't like England, especially the tory voting parts.

All you have to do is see the SNP supporters reaction to that budget. Not a peep of criticism to John Swinney, it was the councils wasting money apparently.

I play football, the summer league here is just starting. Never have I seen the pitches in such a shape and this is my 15th year of senior football. Grass isnt cut as there simply isnt the budget to do so. Dammies has a blocked drain that's been there A YEAR that the council still havent got fixed, and as a result the pitch floods now with even a few hours rain. They even broke the goals and never told anyone, it was up to us to the teams committes to get welded and pay for.

I dont blame the council, they are utterly cash strapped. And that is the SNP's fault.

No one cares. Nobody, and they wont until they are affected. And it will be westminster's fault despite the fact our budget is demonstrably higher now that under any alternative scenario.

I despair.
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    I Despise the SNP but the think I hate even more is the nationlism that now grips this country. Its utterly heartbreaking. I honestly thought we were too smart for it to breakout but I was clearly wrong.

Reality is. in EVERY nationalists head is the idea its always westmnisters fault. The moment the penny drops its not, nationalism dies as it needs a "them". Its just the politically correct way to say they don't like England, especially the tory voting parts.

All you have to do is see the SNP supporters reaction to that budget. Not a peep of criticism to John Swinney, it was the councils wasting money apparently.

I play football, the summer league here is just starting. Never have I seen the pitches in such a shape and this is my 15th year of senior football. Grass isnt cut as there simply isnt the budget to do so. Dammies has a blocked drain that's been there A YEAR that the council still havent got fixed, and as a result the pitch floods now with even a few hours rain. They even broke the goals and never told anyone, it was up to us to the teams committes to get welded and pay for.

I dont blame the council, they are utterly cash strapped. And that is the SNP's fault.

No one cares. Nobody, and they wont until they are affected. And it will be westminster's fault despite the fact our budget is demonstrably higher now that under any alternative scenario.

I despair.
    As a football man I consider this totally shocking and as you say who has placed the council in this cash strapped position, Swinny thats who, and councils have been cash starved for years with the council tax freeze ( a freebie for the rich !!! ) Anyway the SNP couldnt give tuppenence for the Highlands, all the power and powerful agencies / quangos etc are alll in central scotland, mostly in Glasgow / Edinburgh. You put your point across very well ie nationalism needs a them, unfortuntly them also incudes scottish non nat supporters ie the 55% with sense. Hope things get sorted out as the best Highland amateur football is played in Caithness !!

29 April: Weezer said: I Despise the SNP but the think I hate even more is the nationlism that now grips this country. Its utterly heartbreaking. I honestly thought we were too smart for it to breakout but I was clearly wrong.

Your assertions are predicated by the content of the first sentence of your post. There is therefore little point in contributing to any debate except to offer that local priorities are decided by local councils

Quote Originally Posted by rob murray View Post
    Anyway the SNP couldnt give tuppenence for the Highlands, all the power and powerful agencies / quangos etc are alll in central scotland, mostly in Glasgow / Edinburgh.
    It's obvious that the SNP couldn't give a tinker's toss for the Highlands when they were happy to let an absolute embarassment like Paul Monaghan pass their selection process and represent us.
    They knew of his past problems, but he was still their best candidate ?

Makes you wonder how bad the others must have been

There is therefore little point in contributing to any debate except to offer that local priorities are decided by local councils
    well presumably you're not very fond of Labour or the Tories, but that doesn't seem to stop you from mass debating on the Org

You'll be saying next it was NOT the SNP government that has built up a £15,000,000 deficit? $46.80 a barrel is a wee bit different from the anticipated $114.00.. amateurs amateurs... "Oil, Oil my Kingdom for an Oil" (Apologies to Scene IV Richie III)
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

30 April: Bekisman said: You'll be saying next it was NOT the SNP government that has built up a £15,000,000 deficit? $46.80 a barrel is a wee bit different from the anticipated $114.00.. amateurs amateurs... "Oil, Oil my Kingdom for an Oil" (Apologies to Scene IV Richie III)

Your statement is so full of..................The SNP government has no control over oil.........................George Osborne and his Treasury cronies claim the rights to all income

30 April: Bekisman said: You'll be saying next it was NOT the SNP government that has built up a £15,000,000 deficit? $46.80 a barrel is a wee bit different from the anticipated $114.00.. amateurs amateurs... "Oil, Oil my Kingdom for an Oil" (Apologies to Scene IV Richie III)

Your statement is so full of..................The SNP government has no control over oil.........................George Osborne and his Treasury cronies claim the rights to all income
    Seems most of that went right over your head; never mind..
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast