Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Obama

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    There is not much in the link Rob posted above to set out the position on the EU.

The SNP's position is clear. SNP policy is that Scotland and the U.K. Are better off in the EU. As Scotland is part of the U.K. then it is clear that the best vote is to vote to stay. If Scotland votes by a significant majority to stay in the EU but England votes take us out of the EU then that may be a material change which would warrant a second referendum because the SNP believe that leaving the EU would be seriously detrimental to Scotland. That's why they are campaigning to stay in Europe and why they would consider a second referendum if we are removed from Europe against the will of the Scottish voters.

I will be voting to stay in the EU. That is because I believe that human rights, workers rights, women's rights are all secure because of Europe. If we leave then I have no confidence that this government or subsequent WM governments will protect these hard won rights.
    Go and read TTIP : it will be implemented and run rough shod over all rights you mentioned
    Last edited by rob murray; 30-Apr-16 at 15:49.