Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama

Default Obama

Boris Jonston, Michael Gove, I.D.S. and co. bitch about Obama's input into the EU Ref. because they want independence from Europe. These same people thanked him when he backed the better together side during the Scottish Ref. They either shut up on the subject or prove themselves hypocrites. I think the latter, but to the unionists that's ok is it?

Why do you confuse the EU with the UK?

Your SNP leader: Mrs Murrell, says that IF the UK votes to leave EU, then this is a 'Trigger Point' for another referendum. Are YOU piratelassie now going to vote to leave EU and thus get Independence?. It's a fair question, and I await with bated breath your answer
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Your SNP leader: Mrs Murrell, says that IF the UK votes to leave EU, then this is a 'Trigger Point' for another referendum. Are YOU piratelassie now going to vote to leave EU and thus get Independence?. It's a fair question, and I await with bated breath your answer
    How I vote is my business, if I were to say which way I intend to vote I don't believe you would believe me anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    you should all be happy to kiss the backside of unionism and capitalism ,you've been doing it for years so be happy smile and do as your told by your betters . The changling you hear is not the gold coins in your pocket but the chains unionism are glad to see you wrapped in , you'll do as the rest do and vote the way they tell us . Anything else is just a pipe dream Cameron has all really fixed the Eu vote ,that's why he's smiling all the way to the bank
    "vote the way they tell you"? Hmm well I'm voting to LEAVE the EU, so there, now you know, so I suppose indirectly I'm helping piratelassie and her dream with Mrs Murrell!!!!

"vote the way they tell you"? Hmm well I'm voting to LEAVE the EU, so there, now you know, so I suppose indirectly I'm helping piratelassie and her dream with Mrs Murrell!!!!
    Please,please please vote to stay, can't wait to see how the US are going to get the extra star on the flag for the new 51 state of WE GIVE UP or ROLLOVER who needs TTIP any ways

Quote Originally Posted by dozy View Post
    Please,please please vote to stay, can't wait to see how the US are going to get the extra star on the flag for the new 51 state of WE GIVE UP or ROLLOVER who needs TTIP any ways
    If we do become the 51st state that's the 2nd one with a Union flag!.. Just been watching Russian TV, see these folks in Hanover are kicking up a stick (rightly so) over TTIP - think Obama will get a warm welcome when he arrives

The yanks rarely do anything that does not benefit themselves, that is why they want/need us in the EU for some reason/s not explained, as for trade agreement with them they export more to us than we to them, so he can cut his nose off to spite his face if he wants to, but not very good for US business is it.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    How I vote is my business, if I were to say which way I intend to vote I don't believe you would believe me anyway.
    Ha ha, your political views have more or less decimated the org as we knew it and now you're saying that your views are personal.

To justify another indyref after Brexit then Scotland has to demonstrate that it overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU. It make no sense for an Scottish independence supporter to vote to Leave the EU.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

By the way, does anyone else think that David Cameron wrote Obama's EU warning? The devil is in the detail, Americans rarely say 'queue' they say 'stand in line'

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Ha ha, your political views have more or less decimated the org as we knew it and now you're saying that your views are personal.
    No, I said the way I vote is personal as is evreybody's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    To justify another indyref after Brexit then Scotland has to demonstrate that it overwhelmingly voted to stay in the EU. It make no sense for an Scottish independence supporter to vote to Leave the EU.
    It made no sense either to vote to leave the UK but did not stop 'em - it might have been a bit too oblique but by the Scots voting to come OUT and we DO come out, then it's obvious that Mrs Murrell can take that as a trigger point for an (sic) Scottish Independence

It made no sense either to vote to leave the UK but did not stop 'em - it might have been a bit too oblique but by the Scots voting to come OUT and we DO come out, then it's obvious that Mrs Murrell can take that as a trigger point for an (sic) Scottish Independence
    if Scotland voted to leave the EU ,there would be no independence vote. Only the Engish vote can or maybe trigger a independence vote ,nothing Scotland does will change, that's the way the Westminster government wanted it. You can have your say ,but go away and do as we say.

I believe that it would make a little bit of sense to leave the UK in the European context because Scotland as a member state would increase the number of seats and its influence rather than having a pro-rata presence as part of the UK's seat count with no voice. Scotland would be able to vote on issues in a way that prioritises the needs of itelf rather than by being told what to do as part of a London-centric hegemony.
    Last edited by Rheghead; 24-Apr-16 at 12:56.

Except it was made clear by Brussels at Indy ref time that Scotland would have to re-negotiate to become a member of the EU!

Wot's a 'Reserved matter' with regard to Westminster - suppose it's all rather academic really then...

Well I hope UK votes to leave as Mrs Murrell wont use it as an indy 2 trigger point and be seen to be posturing, anyone like to suggest the obvious reaons why there will be no indy 2 over EU / BREXIT issue and quite possibly no indy 2 for a very long time ?

Quote Originally Posted by piratelassie View Post
    Boris Jonston, Michael Gove, I.D.S. and co. bitch about Obama's input into the EU Ref. because they want independence from Europe. These same people thanked him when he backed the better together side during the Scottish Ref. They either shut up on the subject or prove themselves hypocrites. I think the latter, but to the unionists that's ok is it?
    Read this maybe clear up a few points on NAT EU position for you : http://wisermonkeys.uk/snp.html

There is not much in the link Rob posted above to set out the position on the EU.

The SNP's position is clear. SNP policy is that Scotland and the U.K. Are better off in the EU. As Scotland is part of the U.K. then it is clear that the best vote is to vote to stay. If Scotland votes by a significant majority to stay in the EU but England votes take us out of the EU then that may be a material change which would warrant a second referendum because the SNP believe that leaving the EU would be seriously detrimental to Scotland. That's why they are campaigning to stay in Europe and why they would consider a second referendum if we are removed from Europe against the will of the Scottish voters.

I will be voting to stay in the EU. That is because I believe that human rights, workers rights, women's rights are all secure because of Europe. If we leave then I have no confidence that this government or subsequent WM governments will protect these hard won rights.
    Last edited by squidge; 29-Apr-16 at 22:09.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast