Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Car Clamping in Wick

Default Car Clamping in Wick

Heard today that one of the taxi firms is changing over to a Car Clamping Firm. How do Wickers feel about this?

R they going to be Clamping the other taxi firms!!

Well i wouldnt fancy working for a car clamping firm in a small community thats just asking for trouble.And it might be an idea to invest in a hacksaw for the car just incase lol

Clamping can be agood thing when used in the right way.
    But in my experience it's rare thats the case.
    They will probably rent a small car park near a shop put up a sign no unauthorised parking
    or you will be wheel clamped, display it on 1'x1' board 12' off the ground.
    People will then park thinking they are in a shop car park to find when they come out a man the size of a gorilla asking £100 to be released.
    Oh! forget the bolt croppers or saw they can prosecute you for criminal damage to there equipment, and you can keep the car wont work, because they will put it in a pound and you will run up a bill day by day until you pay, or they will be round to take your Hi Fi or TV for payment.
    Keep Caithness a clamp free zone!

whit firm is it?

k16pug Guest

Default lol

buy a set 17 inch alloys for ur car and lower it so they cant clamp it coz the arch tyre gap is too smal

Default Re: lol

Quote Originally Posted by k16pug
    buy a set 17 inch alloys for ur car and lower it so they cant clamp it coz the arch tyre gap is too smal
    they'll prob tow it away in that case!

I thought car clampers had at least 2 different kinds of clamps... one with big sides so that it's very obvious, the other I think is a smaller piece of metal with a chain that just gets chained to your car. something like that anyhow!
    "People may say what they wish, but we are actually under no compulsion to listen." LJ, and I do so wholeheartedly agree!

chubbs358 Guest

i thought clamping was ilegal in scotland. also the clamper has to have the permishon from who ever owns the ground i think eg councl

Wheel-clamping in Scotland
    26. Since 1992 wheel-clamping on private land in Scotland has been judged as “extortion and
    theft” and is, therefore effectively banned2. Although, the private security industry in
    Scotland is to be regulated by the SIA in the future by virtue of the above court case wheelclamping
    will continue to be an illegal activity in Scotland.

From: http://www.the-sia.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/C7FDB065-0BEE-4CEF-AB37-0DD0332888BC/0/sia_ds_vi_ria_v3.pdf#search='Wheel%20clamping%20in %20Scotland'