Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Tories are planning to Scrap Pensions

Default Tories are planning to Scrap Pensions

Tories are planning to scrap pensions in favor of a need-based infirmity fund. They would work us to the bone if they could.

They said pensions were only guaranteed if we said No to independence. Better Together they said.

http://www.conservativehome.com/thet...etirement.html
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

An interesting statement in that article.

"This problem is very difficult to tackle because older people are not only much more likely to vote but feel fully entitled to what several generations of politicians have told them is their due. They have, after all, ‘paid in’.

Of course they have no in fact done anything of the kind, for the most part: their tax contributions funded current expenditure, and were not squirrelled away to bankroll their retirements. In the private sector such pyramid arrangements are illegal."

By and by, I've said before the current system where everyone is given the state pension, regardless of need, is nonsensical. Everyone needs a house, but we only give housing benefit for those who can't afford one. Everyone needs retirement income, surely we should only pay that to those in need also?
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle