Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: What a Disgrace!

Default What a Disgrace!

Just spoke to an overseas visitor who had a sleepless night in his hotel in Thurso. Kept awake by boy racers, screeching tyres and yobs yelling foul language in the street. He was angry. He was also astonished that this behaviour was tolerated. I was sorry to have to tell him that what he had experienced was not unusual.
    What a disgrace - I doubt if that visitor will ever return to Thurso!

Quote Originally Posted by r.rackstraw View Post
    Just spoke to an overseas visitor who had a sleepless night in his hotel in Thurso. Kept awake by boy racers, screeching tyres and yobs yelling foul language in the street. He was angry. He was also astonished that this behaviour was tolerated. I was sorry to have to tell him that what he had experienced was not unusual.
    I wonder where the constabulary were.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

This has now been happening for years and with a no show by our erstwhile constabulary it just gets worse

I thought that we had CCTV cameras in town that could be used to identify these people and their cars or was that another waste of our money?

Quote Originally Posted by Manxman View Post
    I thought that we had CCTV cameras in town that could be used to identify these people and their cars or was that another waste of our money?
    They are probably daylight only or not switched on or not monitored could even be dummy ones.
    Last edited by tonkatojo; 22-Mar-16 at 13:13. Reason: spelling
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Noise in a town?

Worse things happen at sea.

perhaps he should have took up his complaint with the hotel as obviously their sound proofing is inadequate.

Of course it would only happen in Thurso. It's not as if London, Manchester, Glasgow or Edinburgh have anything going on at night. I hear North Rona is fairly quiet.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by r.rackstraw View Post
    Yep know exactly what you mean just back from Edinburgh where I spent 2 sleepless nights due to sirens blaring trams and busses running at all hours, and the noise the tourists were making was an absolute disgrace. Not sure if I will go back to Embra.